What do you do with your clad at the end of the year?

unojc

Do you clean it and cash it in?

Hang on to it?

Im just curious. What about silver coins/jewelry? Same?

MIne is sitting in jugs waiting to one day pay for all the detectors I seem to find a need to buy

Even though I got a tumbler ,it just sits in a bucket , except for th e Qtrs clean enough to spend , ,,,,,HH

Dirty coins I tumble in the cement mixer with some sand and blue metal, and then deposit at the bank, but only the 5,10,20 and 50c coins. Clean ones go straight to the bank. All the $1 and $2 coins I hang onto for future, like if I need to buy a spare coil etc.

Other finds I store in empty yoghurt containers, but recently I've started displaying pendants on a notice board :)

To date, I haven't sold any of my gold or silver, nor anything else.

I spend mine as the season goes on, sometimes coffee, butts, gas, bills. It's all good! I'll just tumble them and then roll them and spend it that way. I once rolled a dirty stack of dimes and bought butts at cumbys with it. I felt bad afterwards though when the manager told me she had to clean them herself :no: then I bought the tumbler and everything is good :grin: I figure why just let it sit there when I can use it towards essential items and save the money from the paycheck for more important things lol HH!

I plan on saving mine for an AT PRO. Once I get up to $50 worth of clad Ill tell the wife I have enough for it. :)

Dunno about the end of the year, but I just clean up my clad when I find it and spend it as needed.

Usually that just means using a light abrasive but sometimes I'll do electrolysis if it's really gnarly.

After that I 'clean' them via vending machine (that way i can avoid handing a real person an oddly colored coin and getting weird looks).

Of course, this is mostly because Japanese clad has really high denominations. I can get a whole dinner at a cheap restaurant for one coin (500yen = $5). So cleaning is worth it.

At the end of the year I trade mine in and buy silver. That way every find is almost like finding silver!

(Not really nearly as fun to be honest :no:)

I Tumble when I have enough like 25 or 30 bucks worth and take it to coinstar
and put the amount on a amazon Ecard so I don't get charged for the service.

I spend mine as the season goes on, sometimes coffee, butts, gas, bills. It's all good! I'll just tumble them and then roll them and spend it that way. I once rolled a dirty stack of dimes and bought butts at cumbys with it. I felt bad afterwards though when the manager told me she had to clean them herself :no: then I bought the tumbler and everything is good :grin: I figure why just let it sit there when I can use it towards essential items and save the money from the paycheck for more important things lol HH!

Yep...right here too!...

For the last 5 years I've been tossing my clad in an empty Costco candy container. It will hold anywhere from $100 to $175 depending on the amount of pennies I dig. When it's full I give the clad a vinegar bath and dry it off before heading for the Coinstar. I use the funds to pay for gas, lunches for future detecting adventures and sometimes new equipment. I'm right around $1700+ in found clad since 2012 and I keep all the jewelry finds that are not claimed by my girlfriend. HH! :bling:

Back
Top Bottom