My First Seated and my Oldest coin to date!!!

71duster

WOW I'm loving my new AT Gold!!! It was cool enough to find big ring on my first hunt, but then I find this, so Lucky!!!! I was on my way home this afternoon and thought I had 30min, enough time for quick hunt. Parked the Jeep and pulled out the AT Gold,, AAAHH, love that new detector smell!!! Grabbed my bag and boogied out to the field, since I only had a few min I was cherry picking. After 2 pennies I got a good signal, got down pop'd the plug and 6 inches down pulled out this 1887 Seated Dime!!! After that bout 4 feet away I pulled a wheatie! Awesome luck,, I LOVE MY NEW AT GOLD!!!! Here are some pics,, HAPPY HUNTING Thanks for looking,,

Attachments

• IMG_0118 (2).jpg
    IMG_0118 (2).jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_0124.jpg
    IMG_0124.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_0126.jpg
    IMG_0126.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 237
Oh HECK yeah!!! Nothing like that feeling of pulling your first seated. Huge congrats!!! May you find many more!

No wonder you are excited. A new detector AND your oldest coin would excite anybody.:yes: Keep it up while you are on a streak. Hope it is just the beginning for you.

Hey guys thanks a bunch,,, I'm still geek'n out over it :D here is what I saw when I first pulled it out. Couldn't see much, no date it was to covered but I could see enough to know what it was, so I waited to get it home to clean it properly and see the date,,, and I was oh so happy!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0109 (3).jpg
    IMG_0109 (3).jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 157
Out of curiosity, did you ding that with your shovel or did someone carve a '4' into that seated?

GREAT find! I have yet to find a seated.....or a barber :no:

Acuva,,Nope I knocked it out of the center of the plug with my propointer, it was still caked in dirt tell I got it home. Yes I saw hatching too, wasn't mine this time,, unfortunately I know what a fresh scratch in silver looks like cause I've done it before. I was curious why someone would put a 4 on it???

Back
Top Bottom