If You Can't Find Gold, Go for the Clad

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
As most know, I am landlocked in Utah. Found a park when there was snow on the ground and pulled a lot of clad out of the wood chips. Went back today and hit the thawed out sledding hill.

WOW, 9 quarters in one pile, 4 in another and lots of pocket spills. I was cherry picking the quarter signals and I just got tired of getting up and down.

59 quarters, 7 dimes, 4 nickles and 4 pennies. Huge hill and I was tired. Will go back and play some more later. One more month and I will be in the water!

YEA. This dirt fishing for clad is for the At-Pro users. (Yes you Mudpuppy!)

If You Can't Find Gold, Go for the Clad

Yea, that getting up and down for that many targets will wear you out. But it sure beats going home empty handed.:D I am sure you miss the water gold, but it will keep you busy till you get back.:yes: Enjoy the "change" of pace.:lol:

Super great dirt Q haul for an old waterbaby!:laughing::laughing: You gotta stay in shape somehow! You will be sporting tanks and weights in no time!

That is a bucket full of change. Thanks for the idea..
We have a small hill on the side of our town. The only hill in the county. Kids play on this hill a lot. When I was a kid, ( that has been a long time ago ), we would play with our sleds on this hill. I need to try my luck at this spot..
Thanks for the reminder... KEN

Oh yes... I love seeing that clad! Maybe I should start searching for quarters now??? That stuff adds up!! Maybe you will find a ring or two! Congrats!

ATPro Dude

I love finding gold and silver jewelry at the beach and on the very rare occasion in the dirt. But I just enjoy the hobby and I get a lot of pleasure out of coming home with a batch of clad. It pays for gasoline etc. Plus it keeps an old man moving.

Nice clad haul and many things you can use it for. I don't mind digging clad at all because it adds up and at the end of the season I cash it at my bank and buy silver or gold with it.

Oh I know large clad piles can be found. My suspicions still stand though. This spot will be cleaned out in a few more weeks of quarters anyway.

This stuff was all lost in snow.

Being a life-long Kansan, I don't know much about skiing, but it seems to me that winter ski resorts might be pretty lucrative during the off-season when they are thawed-out. Is it possible to detect them, or do they lock-up tight during the off-season?

Being a life-long Kansan, I don't know much about skiing, but it seems to me that winter ski resorts might be pretty lucrative during the off-season when they are thawed-out. Is it possible to detect them, or do they lock-up tight during the off-season?

No clue. There are some major ones here I might investigate. This is just a sledding hill in a local park

Back
Top Bottom