Been playin with deus V4 in my test garden

remmy

Forum Supporter
Well I have been sitting here watching the snow melt since I upgraded to V4. I couldn't get to my test garden because I had my trailer parked there before the snow came and I had to move half the yard to move it. I finally got to where I could play and see how deep v4 is. Previous to v4 I had been running a negative GB program when hunting fields because it would hit deeper targets than any other program I could find. It may be over for that program because the new "deep" program seems to work better. Partially because (I think) the new disk situation seems to affect how it works. Keep in mind here that the depth may not seem impressive but the soil here is tough.

Basically I found that the "deep" program unchanged will hit nickels (buff,v and Jefferson) beyond 8 inches rather well. Silver and clad dimes are enough to make you investigate at 7 to 8. Here is what bugs me, clad quarters 8 and 10 inches will make you investigate. Silver washingtons no deal at ten, ok at 8. Wheat pennies around 7 inches. just for giggles a while back I buried a 1.5 inch crotal bell at 13 inches, "deep" will hit that too. This is impressive to me because 3.2 had a hard time on 6 inch dimes in my soil.

Now I have to wait for more snow to melt to get out to the iron riddled sites and test it some more. So far, no problems and all good results!

Download V4 today, still getting use it. One of my deepest programs on V3.2 was the neg grd bal trick. Dont rule it out just yet, it still works. Its just another arrow in your quiver.

I am going to concentrate on the V4 for now, but will keep the neg grd bal program something to look into after Im more comfortable with V4. It does peer very deep, just have to change your settings some.

My first coin with V4, 1919s penny.

Attachments

• IMAG0672[1].jpg
    IMAG0672[1].jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 169
How far negative are you going? And do you adjust it every so often when you notice the actual gb reading change?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I go about neg -15 from actual grd reading, by using multi-tones your basically giving the grd the same sound as iron, (low tone) then I null out the iron/gnd tone, so I dont hear it. I give other tones to non ferous, I then grd notch to smooth chatty audio. Runs like silk..be prepared to dig, it goes deep, and goes little and deep.

So if you are notching the ground isn't that also notching out whatever else may fall in that range? And how big is your notch? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ive taken gnd notch down as far as it goes before, since your running so negative any non-ferrous really pops. I noticed no loss in depth.

If I try to run 15 points under ground setting here in my soil,,,oh lord,,actually running 5 points under is a risky thing,,,a lot of heeing and hawing as the coil is moved across the ground.

5mile and I use a very similar program, it is not notching the ground out. basically you have the ground noise on a tone (1) set at the lowest tone (was 100 in 3.2 now 120 in v4) iron is tone 2 set a little higher (200ish) and tone 3 is everything to dig. I am not exactly a guru who understands every bit of how things work but I think I think I understand this. I have always thought that high BG diminished depth. Like if you tell the machine to ignore high ground mineralization you are telling it to drop some sensitivity. I believe this is why others would best my AT Pro depths by a mile. They were Gb in the 50s and I was close to 90. With this neg GB program you are not suppressing the ground as much but letting the ground noise come through and making it quiet and non ferrous more obvious. I am still going to play with the neg BG program and see if I can get it right but like 5mile I am going to focus more on learning v4 for now. Before I upgraded to v4 the neg. GB program was beeper than anything I could find and also it does not false when the coil is bumped. Made it great for hunting stubble in fields. I should add that the neg GB is not for trashy areas.

Im curious since neg grd bal program is set in a 4 tone audio, the way its structured its actually a beep and dig (sounding like one tone). If you go 5 tone, you could give one tone to lower conductors (gold, small brass etc) and one tone to higher ones, say, starting with a penny..on up to silver.

Been wanting to try that, perhaps you could pull off a trashy park that way and having that edge of penetrating deep perhaps hitting those targets that are still there for the taking.

Im curious since neg grd bal program is set in a 4 tone audio, the way its structured its actually a beep and dig (sounding like one tone). If you go 5 tone, you could give one tone to lower conductors (gold, small brass etc) and one tone to higher ones, say, starting with a penny..on up to silver.

Been wanting to try that, perhaps you could pull off a trashy park that way and having that edge of penetrating deep perhaps hitting those targets that are still there for the taking.

Most possibly yes but, consider how many targets you have dug because they sounded good but vdi was quite sketchey. The way we were running if it went beep and wasn't obviously iron, I was digging. Many times very deep but good stuff gave horrible vdi. I thought of going 5 tone like you mentioned at one point but was thinking it probably would not be reliable. I mean it could give the lesser tone and still be a more desireable target so I figured I would just stick with 4.

Back
Top Bottom