Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Quality Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Other Forums > Family Friendly Topics

Notices

Old 11-06-2018, 07:17 AM
Elite Member

Default Walmart money order question

I had to get a money order at Walmart because the post office is closed when I get out of work. Where can the person that I sent it to cash it and will there be a charge to them. I have never used a Walmart money order before. Thanks! Steve

Old 11-06-2018, 07:39 AM
Supporter

If it's a US money order it should be able to be cashed at any bank( the bank may require an account), and probably another Wally World.

Old 11-06-2018, 08:05 AM
Supporter

Wal mart offers a money transfer from store to store. When my daughter worked for google and was travelling across the country we used this to get money to her. I would walk into the customer service counter and tell them who it was for and how much. I don't remember if I had to be specific as to what store she would be redeeming it. They gave me a slip with a pin number on it. I would txt the pin number to her and she would go to wal mart wherever she was and show id and give the pin.

You should be able to do the same, eliminating mailing anything. I do not believe wal mart transfers are good anywhere else...maybe sams club?

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-06-2018, 08:21 AM

I think now that Wally World is getting rid of cashiers and gone total techno you might have to print your own but it should be good...

Kawasaki Mule Trans Diesel XP Deus 5.2 w/X35 11" XP Mi6 pinpointer Etraq w/Sunray X1 Bandido 2 Umax, Garrett Z Lynk wireless, Tesoro Tejon, Lobo Super Traqs (2), Troy Shadow X2, Tesoro Mojave, Tiny Tec Pinpointer 3 shovels and a lot of batteries.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-07-2018, 09:58 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by normx2 View post
I think now that Wally World is getting rid of cashiers and gone total techno you might have to print your own but it should be good...
But they still have service counters - don't they?

Old 11-07-2018, 10:08 PM
Elite Member

I believe walmart cashes their own money orders for $3. If they have a bank account they cancash it like any other check