What's the most frustrating thing to dig?

Jodo_Kast501

This question isn't intended to focus on the frustrations that come along with metal detecting, just to share the little annoyances of the hobby with those who understand them! So feel free to share your irritating item to dig.

My pet peeve: aluminum nails. They sound unreasonably good and digging a bunch of them irritates me to no end.

Last edited:
Is there a character limit?

Actually many things I would rather not dig, but none are really frustrating. When I get my fill, I just dont dig those signals.

Again,alum screw caps. Can’t avoid them. Second place would be digging stuff that the CTX tells me is NOT a coin,yet I dig a crapper anyway because I’ve had a slow day and I’m trying too hard. The CTX will make you whine like a baby if you doubt it,it is very unforgiving in that regard. But when digging solid coin hits, screw caps sound great,ID great,size great but aren’t great.:lol:

I hunt fields an my nemesis it soda cans beyond a foot that have been plowed under. They sound pretty good at that depth.

This question isn't intended to focus on the frustrations that come along with metal detecting, just to share the little annoyances of the hobby with those who understand them! So feel free to share your irritating item to dig.

My pet peeve: aluminum nails. They sound unreasonably good and digging a bunch of them irritates me to no end.

Pull tabs and screw caps...don't mind square nails as they tell a story.

Melted lead is always a pain for me, as is canslaw - little shreds of aluminum can spread all over an area.

Deep in the woods going along a stone wall and I get a 90 signal! Yes, it must be 1700's silver! Nope, just another ox knob. They're a cool find, but I sure wish they rang up a lot lower!

Aluminum foil drink tops also sound like a good target but are just new trash are to top frustration find.

Old style ring pulls at least indicate older stuff might be there and digging these sometimes gets a nickle or gold ring (just haven't got a ring yet).

Back
Top Bottom