Ever sold a detector

Dieago

You ever sold a detector Then later wished you had it back?
Like bought a new one just to find out your old one was superior

Bunch of times !!! In fact, I am using a detector now that is the same detector that I have sold in the past. I am learning a valuable lesson with all the trading, selling, and buying and that is that there is no perfect machine and THESE THINGS ARE EXPENSIVE. I am better off staying with the primary machine that I have now and getting accessories to make it work better in different scenarios. Knowledge of your machine of choice is so critical when it comes to making good finds that most of the time you can do better with what you are familiar with versus the newest and latest model. I only have two machines, one is my primary hunter and the other one I carry around with me most places I go because the whole setup fits in a easy to carry backpack.

Well I'm wanting to sell my Ace350 and get a AT Pro. Doubt I'll regret that upgrade.

Chris W.

Well I'm wanting to sell my Ace350 and get a AT Pro. Doubt I'll regret that upgrade.

Chris W.

Chris when you do get a pro it will give you the vdi numbers and on those nickle problems you have now. the pro will give you a 49 50 or 51 vdi number for nickles usually a 50 or 51 and good repeatable mid tone

My worst regret was trading my CZ7a for a Sov XS 2 pro many years ago. I liked the CZ7a MUCH better, the only good part was I traded the Sov for a XLT which I came to like as much as the CZ.

Definitely done that. Every Tesoro that I've sold has been followed with regret. Can't say the same for some other makes. Some I couldn't wait to get rid of. :laughing:

Got my ATP. Local hobby store had it on sale. Store moving sale!! Listed my 350 in the classifieds.

Chris W.

I have sold or traded many over the years. Compass coinscanner, Compass coin scanner Pro, GTA 1000, White's Silver Eagle, White's XLT, Tesoro Vaqeuro, Tesoro Compadre, Omega 8000, Minelab Excaliber, E-Trac, Tesoro Bandito, White's Beach hunter, White's XP Pro, Deus and a few I have forgotten about. The only two I have bought again were the Tesoro Vaqeuro and the Tesoro Compadre and I plan to keep them both.:lol:

been there...... i started using a minelab eureka gold, i sold it for $650... big mistake it was a awsome machine~ dont sell your machines, save up and buy others

Bunch of times !!! In fact, I am using a detector now that is the same detector that I have sold in the past. I am learning a valuable lesson with all the trading, selling, and buying and that is that there is no perfect machine and THESE THINGS ARE EXPENSIVE. I am better off staying with the primary machine that I have now and getting accessories to make it work better in different scenarios. Knowledge of your machine of choice is so critical when it comes to making good finds that most of the time you can do better with what you are familiar with versus the newest and latest model. I only have two machines, one is my primary hunter and the other one I carry around with me most places I go because the whole setup fits in a easy to carry backpack.

Good post. I like easy setup, AND backpackability too.
Frankly if tesoro just added three tones to vaquero, or deleon I'd still be using one of those.

Hard to beat Tesoro's light weight, the deus just barely at MANY more dollars.

I have sold or traded many over the years. Compass coinscanner, Compass coin scanner Pro, GTA 1000, White's Silver Eagle, White's XLT, Tesoro Vaqeuro, Tesoro Compadre, Omega 8000, Minelab Excaliber, E-Trac, Tesoro Bandito, White's Beach hunter, White's XP Pro, Deus and a few I have forgotten about. The only two I have bought again were the Tesoro Vaqeuro and the Tesoro Compadre and I plan to keep them both.:lol:

I am curious as to why you sold the Deus ? because I've been thinking of one, and would like to know the "bad side"

I did like Vaquero, except for one tone, if they came out with a new one of those with three tones I'd be back on the tesoro wagon in a second.

I am curious as to why you sold the Deus ? because I've been thinking of one, and would like to know the "bad side"

I did like Vaquero, except for one tone, if they came out with a new one of those with three tones I'd be back on the tesoro wagon in a second.

Really nothing wrong with the Deus it worked well. I didn't like the read out hard for me to see. Just wasn't the machine for me.

Really nothing wrong with the Deus it worked well. I didn't like the read out hard for me to see. Just wasn't the machine for me.

OK.. and thanks, as that does make sense to me, and is one more reason I like the Omega, LARGE easy to read screen.

Thanks,

Are all tesoro's just one tone?

Pretty much so. The golden Max is supposedly 3 tones, but at least some feed back say very undecernable, and on top of that is has been unavailable for quite some time, not only do they not come out with new models (tones have been available since the 60's) they have trouble keeping their existing models on the market. Another example was their water machines which were off the market for a couple of years because of a connector problem.

I do know that will catch some flack with the Tesoro promoters, but as I have stated if they came out with a Vaquero tomorrow with three tones I would have it tomorrow, so I'm not a tesoro basher, I like them in many ways, I don't need a screen, but three tones have been around for a very long time, and I don't consider that to be "bells and whistles". If Tesoro wants a reasonable share of the market they are going to have to do something...and soon.

That kind of changes my mind on wanting to try one. with just one tone and no display I sure hope they have good discrimination. I like the idea of the 10KHz I would love to have a dedicated low kHz machine for coins only say in the 3-8KHz range. But not a 3 frequency machine that will run in just one of the three.

Pretty much so. The golden Max is supposedly 3 tones, but at least some feed back say very undecernable, and on top of that is has been unavailable for quite some time, not only do they not come out with new models (tones have been available since the 60's) they have trouble keeping their existing models on the market. Another example was their water machines which were off the market for a couple of years because of a connector problem.

I do know that will catch some flack with the Tesoro promoters, but as I have stated if they came out with a Vaquero tomorrow with three tones I would have it tomorrow, so I'm not a tesoro basher, I like them in many ways, I don't need a screen, but three tones have been around for a very long time, and I don't consider that to be "bells and whistles". If Tesoro wants a reasonable share of the market they are going to have to do something...and soon.

I had the old tones golden. Bought it new and used it a couple years. It took a while to really discern the middle tones but it was a nice machine. More of a differential in tones would have kept it on the market I believe as it was great in parks.

LittleJohn

Back
Top Bottom