Garrett Ace 250 vs 350

Renee

I am looking to buy a new detector and doing some research. Two of the detectors I am considering are the Garrett Ace 250 and the Ace 350. In looking at the spec they seem almost like the same detector except for the frequency. How much difference does the frequency make between the 2? Also, are there any other differences I might have missed? If you have used both models, what is your opinions of them? Likes, dislikes on either model?

Hey there. To compare specs of both side by side use the comparison tool on Kellco site. Select one of the two to look at info and you will be offered a chance to compare to another detector. A list of all the other detectors sold there appears. Select to other Ace model and they will line up specs side by side. Besides frequency I think the biggest difference between the two is that the ACE 250 comes stock with a concentric type coil while the ACE 350 comes stock with a DD type coil. To learn about these two types of coils click on "coils" on the Kellyco site. Very educational. GL and HH. Matt

Thanks all!

Thanks for all the help everyone!
To Matthias, thanks for the info about the Kellyco site. I didn't know one could do that there. Will have to do some research tonight and do more comparing!

Ive had an ace 250 for about 4 years now. Its been a decent little coin detector but has annoying quirks like falsing and a terribly slow retune speed. After using the numeric display on the AT pro i believe it to be so much better and accurate than the little symbol ID's that the aces have. Knowing what i know now i should have chose the fisher f2 for my first venture into visual ID detectors. The f2 has the numerical readout and by most reports a quick retune time , with fewer falsing issues.

Renee, a DD coil is great.

The 350 also has a custom mode that you can tailor to your hunting targets.

What's the difference in price?

Renee, ditto to what Digger-Dave said about the DD coil. Very good coil. A few months ago I added the 4" Sniper coil to my arsenal and it performs superbly in tot lots and trashy areas. I've been swinging my Ace 350 for about a year now and love it.

I chose a 250, the other option would have been a fisher f2. I don't look at the readout thinger at all; I just listen to the beeps. In all honesty I feel as if a 350 is an awkward and out of place middle step between the 250 and the ATpro; I never even considered it as an option for my first detector. The real advantage for either choice is probably an addition of a sniper coil because if you are like most non-beach detectors you will be looking at mostly modern clad and trash from tot lots and fields. If I was going to be spending the money it costs to get a 350 I would get a 250 and sniper coil instead. Generally speaking I think most people with a 250 or 350 like what they have and haven't had much experience with the other to compare the two. Just my thoughts on the subject.

Still a good decision! :cool:

Optional coils are available if you ever want to go Sniper or DD.

Lets us know how you like the performance.

In the right hands, a 250 can be just as dangerous as an AT Pro.

I choose the 350 for my first detector, I've swung it for over two yrs. very good detector! Paid for it's self many times over (see avatar) :D I think the DD is worth a little more $$$. You'll want it for the 250 anyway, if you go with that. GL

The 350 was my first machine, and a good one. I loan it out to a buddy and he's finding great stuff with it. I believe it's a little more powerful than the 250 and has a larger (DD) coil, giving it better separation and depth. If I remember correctly the tones are a little different too. I found two gold wedding bands with mine. Haven't done that with the AT Pro.

Back
Top Bottom