Chunky one....

FoiledAgain

Elite Member
This was a low-tide find from a 2-hour hunt in the water. It's plain as can be, but it's 18K and hefty at 11 grams. I've had to haul out the waders because the water is cooling off too much for swimsuit comfort. :cold1: The compensation is that fall/winter hunting usually picks up as the sand moves out, so I can't complain (yet). :D Happy hunting out there!

Attachments

• IMG_1451.JPG
    IMG_1451.JPG
    148.4 KB · Views: 611
  • IMG_1449.JPG
    IMG_1449.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 603
  • IMG_1455.jpg
    IMG_1455.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 585
Nice score Brian... I thought you retired from detecting last we spoke ;) I still like your dirt dig story best when you pulled multiple gold rings from that one hole... :yes:

:dingding: You can tell that one has heft to it without even putting it on the scale. And 18K too! HONK! HONK!!

Sweet :yes: Nice job ;) Perfect when you can pull a chunker in 2 hrs, and looks like limited junk too :photo:

One word...
Awesome!!
Huge congrats!!
<°)))>{
Thanks Ice!
Nice score Brian... I thought you retired from detecting last we spoke ;) I still like your dirt dig story best when you pulled multiple gold rings from that one hole... :yes:
No retirement Craig, just an unwilling vacation while waiting for miserable beach conditions to improve.:( I still haven't a clue why all those rings were in the dirt, and it will probably always remain a mystery.
:dingding: You can tell that one has heft to it without even putting it on the scale. And 18K too! HONK! HONK!!
Thanks Felix, the clunking sound in the scoop raised my hopes before I even laid eyes on it!
Chunky indeed. Great find!!!
BCD
Thanks BCD. Best this year by a good margin!
Awesome find! Can't wait to get to the ocean this winter. Congrats!
Good luck in the salt! Thanks cellrdwellr.
Sweet :yes: Nice job ;) Perfect when you can pull a chunker in 2 hrs, and looks like limited junk too :photo:
Thanks Caribbeanson. The beaches I hunt generally are not target rich (iron ignored) so it can be hard to get past the boredom of just swinging. Still, great to be out and in the water.
Man that is a hunk of high k! Congrats!
Thanks GS. 18K doesn't come along all that often!

I saw the title and read "Chucky One". I thought the Raiders might have actually won a game and then... well, aside from posting a hefty, beautiful, ring, why don't you just rip my heart out and feed it to the cat!

"Huh? How'd I get pulled into this?"
IMG_0620.jpg

I saw the title and read "Chucky One". I thought the Raiders might have actually won a game and then... well, aside from posting a hefty, beautiful, ring, why don't you just rip my heart out and feed it to the cat!
"Huh? How'd I get pulled into this?"
:funnyup:_____:rofl:_____:laughing:
great find nice and heafty:D
Monstrous!
Cha ching!
That is a very nice find.... Congrats!
Nice one!
Thanks all! Not quite a honker, but close enough.... :lol:

Attachments

• Honker1.jpg
    Honker1.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 369
OH Man! a Plain Heavy High K band! Thats pay there! Congratulations!

White Gold right? They sure tone in a lot lower on my rig than a Yellow gold half the size...not pulltabby or zinc penny, lots lower, ...more like a stainless steel washer...How'd that one sound to you?

Back
Top Bottom