Going to be a youper for a few days

OZ_IL

Forum Supporter
Going to Menominee, MI for a very short visit (arrive Wed, leave Fri) and of course will be bringing the Ace with me. I'll probably hit the two beaches in the area. I was there last October and tried 'fat lady' beach as it was reccommended by someone. Didn't find a single coin! I'll try some old haunts and see if the homeowners give me permission to detect their property. Why do I see nothing but clad yet again :(

You're complaining about clad? lol... Ok I wish you find no more clad and only pulltabs and bottlecaps happy now?  ;)

OZ

Get  away from where everyone else goes and drive around, look in the woods, look for old foundations or picnic groves, even boyscout camps, look for out of place plantings that could be old homesteads long gone.

Most beachunters are dredges and leave little behind and most hardcore hunters use more than a Ace250 it has its limits to depth otherwise we wouldn't spend all the money we spend to get the deep stuff a detector like the 250 won't even see. Try hunting out of the way places.. Its my favorite kind of hunting and I have been very successful.

OZ, stop at the Cut River bridge. I know its a long way down to the river, but I know for a fact people throw coins off the bridge. Might be surprised at what you will find down there. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom