Funny Story & A Quick Question

SkiWhiz

Elite Member
The other day I was detecting at a kids park,I heard one little kid in the background saying "what's he doing", another kid said looking for money I think,the other kid said why? then the other little fella said "he must be poor". I kind of chuckled to myself saying nothing but thinking if I was poor I wouldn't be spending money for gas to go 20 miles from home to detect and couldn't invest the money in a detector to use.I imagine some of you's have heard the same thing before. Now for my question - I was wondering how you folks store your detector when it is not in use, I have a little 2 1/2 year old son that is like his Dad - likes to turn all the dials,push the buttons,etc. and I want to keep all my kids safe including my White's Prizm II. Do most of you use a detector bag, or store it behind a clothes dresser like I do or hang it up some way. Thanks! Steve.

I have a MXT and the bag to boot, I don't use the bag much however.  I was on the way into a playground and got stopped by an officer who said it strongly resembled a bow case... :shock:
After thiking about it, it does in an uncanny way, plus I can see his arguement/reason for stopping me to begin with.   I usually keep it in the back seat of the car, uncased with a blanket on top of it, in case I run into the occasional park on the way to or from something.  If it's going back into the house however, it stays in the case.  I have a pair of cats that like to chew through wire anything.  Hence coil cables are not-so-repairable and/or a pain in the rump to repair when I should be out hunting instead. 

HH as always,

Bri-

I have three detectors and something resembling a coat rack with pegs in my closet that I can hang them on. Thats the theory anyway, they usually are proped by the door waiting for the opportunity to dash off. In other words, like so many other things, they never get put away .

When hunting season ends for me, I take it apart, clean the whole thing, and put it away in a box for safe keeping. The rest of the time, I just hang it up in the breezeway for a quick getaway. :lol:

hoser said:
When hunting season ends for me, I take it apart, clean the whole thing, and put it away in a box for safe keeping. The rest of the time, I just hang it up in the breezeway for a quick getaway. :lol:

Hunting season is never over for a waterhunter... ;) I have 4 detectors I keep them in a closet with all the rest of my MDing stuff... Only thing besides cleaning them after every use is removing the batteries...

Your story was funny :) When I detect, I try to detect when no one else is around especially when I water hunt. I don't like sharing where I hunt. ;)

Dug some old horse shoes at a Civil War fort and welded them together. Not only do I see my digs but the detectors are up on the wall away from hands. steve in so az

Attachments

• cw hanger.jpg
    cw hanger.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 116
Back
Top Bottom