South Bay Report 2-27-2018

Pyriteboy

We had another round of wind from the right direction so I got brave and hit the sand at high tide, just to see what would happen. I hit 2 beaches with the same result: targets for days but no heavies. The partial chain is .925 with fake opals....working backwards, I re-scanned both areas from a different angle digging iffy targets, hoping for the elusive gold, but it will have to wait 'till next time.....

-Jerry

Attachments

• DSCN8559 (800x600).jpg
    DSCN8559 (800x600).jpg
    60 KB · Views: 250
  • DSCN8561 (800x600).jpg
    DSCN8561 (800x600).jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 217
The fact that you're hitting all those greenies is a good sign. :yes:

The green clad is a sign you're getting down to some coins that've been there for awhile. Ie.: older sand. Thanx for the So. CA report.

Guys,
Thank you for your responses.....most of these coins were found in a thick band of black sand.....I was very fortunate to find these two places because virtually the entire South Bay is sanded in at this time....

-Jerry

.....I was very fortunate to find these two places because virtually the entire South Bay is sanded in at this time....

Yes. You were doing good to find erosion at this time.

We have some WNW facing surf/swells hitting our part of CA today. 12-ish to 13-ish foot. With a respectable 5.5 ft. high tide. But for WNW direction, our part of CA needs 15-ft. or higher to really do much good. Bummer that this wasn't coming from the S or WSW.

Wow Tom,
I'll trade swell direction with you....we have smallish SW swell and worse, SW wind. I have yet to figure out places that cut in these conditions, but maybe there are places north of me...will have to check out......

-Jerry

Back
Top Bottom