Knock off scoop and homemade carbon fiber handle

itsaring!

24K Larry
Forum Supporter
Took this one for a short spin. Really light. Worked great in the wet and dry sand. Still have to water test it. Solid core insert I ordered never made it from Canada. Foam inside was from using the handle to punch holes in some tough shipping foam for lithium bicycle batteries. Wound up using sch 80 pvc to insert a sleeve into the bottom of the handle. Scoop from Ukraine for under $100 shipped. Carbon fiber from China for $30. Wasn't paying over $400 for a scoop. :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_2799.jpg
    IMG_2799.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 600
Took this one for a short spin. Really light. Worked great in the wet and dry sand. Still have to water test it. Solid core insert I ordered never made it from Canada. Foam inside was from using the handle to punch holes in some tough shipping foam for lithium bicycle batteries. Wound up using sch 80 pvc to insert a sleeve into the bottom of the handle. Scoop from Ukraine for under $100 shipped. Carbon fiber from China for $30. Wasn't paying over $400 for a scoop. :lol:

Looks good Larry... Brncofan has one of those knockoffs and it works real good on the breaches up here.. I think he paid $85 for his, its a knock off of the Nuttal...

Definitely

A good price on the handle, here some have them marked up 5 to 6 times higher than cost, now the head, looks like ok low to mid quality , i hope you get some life out of it Larry, time will tell, Earl

Carbon Fiber handle differences?

We all know that buying beef can be a challenge......... Ground beef with 40% fat? Sirloin, Porterhouse?

Carbon Fiber handles are not all born alike (sorry to break the news).

I don't have the time to go into all the differences

Chuck

A good price on the handle, here some have them marked up 5 to 6 times higher than cost, now the head, looks like ok low to mid quality , i hope you get some life out of it Larry, time will tell, Earl
Not too worried about the scoop head since I have a mig welder in my bedroom for stainless.

We all know that buying beef can be a challenge......... Ground beef with 40% fat? Sirloin, Porterhouse?

Carbon Fiber handles are not all born alike (sorry to break the news).

I don't have the time to go into all the differences

Chuck
Luckily I know a lot about carbon fiber. This one is just a test piece for Florida at only 1mm thick. My Kayak paddles made of all carbon fiber used to cost more than my Kayaks.

Back
Top Bottom