Hi all!

Debistogs

I'm a newbie. I have been detecting for less than 2 years & only off & on when I go to the beaches at a local lake.
I am leaving at 10:54am for Alaska.....detector going along too!
I will be mainly in the Kenai Peninsula area, but will be in Anchorage & Fairbanks for a few days each. There are lots of beaches in the Kenai area (one a mile or so from my sister's house) & we will be detecting as much as possible.
My last finds were about a month ago at the lake (swimming beach).....some clad, lots of tabs & a man's & woman's silver wedding bands with a cross cut out in each.
I will try & send pics when I get back from Alaska.....about a month from now.
I was just wondering if anyone had any good sites for detecting in the areas where I will be?
Thanks, Debi

First off, welcome to the forum. Can't help you with any info for that area, but sure do wish you all the luck in the world. Bring back some of that good old Alaska gold eh. :yes:

Ooooo, going to Alaska, lucky!!! Have a good time and come see us again.

Welcome Debi. Which detector are you swinging?

I lived up there for 7 years and I know those parts pretty well.
Make sure you get out to Hope, especially if you're interested in relics. It was the first gold mining town in AK. A good friend is involved with Hope Mining Co. He would probably give you a steer to some old mining camps on their claims. If I can email you I can give more info. HH

Kevin M.

Welcome aboard! I don't know about Alaskan hunting areas, but maybe pop into the local library where you're going. Lots of good historical info there. Good luck, and stay warm!

Thanks for the warm welcome! :grin: I am swinging a Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX, or rather that is my newest one. I found the rings with my Bounty Hunter VLF.....cheapie Walmart one, but I still love it!
I haven't got to use the Pioneer yet, just checking it out with different coins & metals to get used to the signals & sounds.
Hopefully I will get to to beach in the next few days!!!! Right now I am at my nephew's in Anchorage & itching to do some detecting.....but I don't think the landlady would like me digging up her yard.....LOL so I will wait till I get to the beach.....probably Sunday or Monday!
It would sure be nice to find some gold.....LOL I will settle for coins or whatever, I just like detecting!
I will send pics of my finds.....if I get some!
HD,
Debi

Didn't bring my fishing rod, but will be going fishing down at Homer with my sis & her hubby. They have a boat & all the equipment.....just have to get my license :yes:
I love fishing more than anything, but detecting is next in line!!!! :lol:
I guess I can post fish pics here too?! :D
HD,
Debi

Any finds are good finds, means the machine is working right and you know what to listen for. Awesome job, keep swingin, you'll find the good stuff!!

HH as always,

Bri-

Back
Top Bottom