Im not sure...

laxmaster92

if this goes here, if it doesnt please move it. Im deciding on the garrett ace 250 or the bonty hunter Lonestar. I know the 250 is the better choice( I will probably most likely get this) but I came across the LOnestar also.

IF any of you have used either machine or both please can you tell me some pros and cons for each?

Thanks!!

Although I have never used the Lonestar, and I'm sure it is a great machine, I have used the 250 and like it. Its light in weight, easy to master the controls, and has pretty good depth. If Garrett was to make a waterproof version of the 250, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Somebody should suggest that to the Garrett folks, about a waterproof 250...they'd have another customer right here..never used a Lonestar, but will agree with Hoser on the 250...good depth, you can swing it all day without paralyzing your arm, and the batteries are inexpensive and last forever . Roadrunner_426

RR I did just that a long time ago. It was like talking to one of those computer generated voice systems. :mad: However, if a lot of people called Garrett and told them that the 250 in a waterproof version would be popular, they might think twice. :!:

I would go for the ACE250, although I'm sure you'll get a good machine either way. The ACE just has too many features for the money for anyone to beat.

Hoser, if you decide to start a letter writing or email campaign to Garrett about the ACE brand water machine, let me know!

Well one of my friends had a lonestar that I tried today. Now it was my first time ever using a metal detecter.

Now the ace is pretty heavy. IT was hurting my arm after about 15 minutes and Im a pretty built guy. ALso he told me that certain objects were under different catagories. There were knobs that were extrmely annoying to use. The discrimination knob had to be turned to different settings and stuff. Another horrible thing about it is that there is no DEPTH METER!!! So your basically digging until you find it. I did not find one thing :(

IM AM DEFIANTLY GOING FOR THE ACE!! I ORDERED IT TODAY!!

ANother hard thing to do is pinpoint where to dig. Any tips?

THanks alot!

Hoser , I'll give the folks at Garrett a call on Mon. and put in my 2 cents..can't hurt . HH Roadrunner_426

RR, I'll do the same. The more that pester them, the more likely they might just come up with one. ;)

I'd like to see a retrofit for the MXT to make that thing waterproof. I took it swimming today, found all sorts of things. This being my first MD, I kinda like having the knobs there for the simple reason that the first 15 minutes I spend MD'ing, i'm getting used to the soil. Around here it varies from backfill to natural topsoil to hard clay from block to block. Just my 2 cents.....

HH as always,

Bri-

Back
Top Bottom