Howdy all

Banjo

Finally getting aaround to posting here. Love the site. Bought a DFX recently and love it. Was using a cheap Radio Shack detector that finaly fell apart due to being in the back of the truck with tools, lumber... When I bought the DFX I told her about my RS detector, and all the stuff I found. She was suprised, because the folks who get gear from her, say they hardly found anything with their RS detectors. I have a container full of clad and stuff, and my wife wears most of the rings I found with it.

Anyway, decided to head to the beach this morning before sunrise. Was having my best hunt ever, until the flies started coming out. We had a breeze coming off the land, and that always brings them. Ran out of spray, and called it a morning. I was pissed. I was hitting coins every 20 to 40 feet!! I guess with the heat, the other guys hadn't been out. Make up for all of the hours of getting skunked. Some days you get it....

I have a few whatzits to photo and post one of these days also. Looking forward to heading out in the morning to try again. Hoe the wind shifts overnight. i think it did already, at least it's a lot cooler now.

Dave

That's an awesome machine you have there, I wouldn't keep it with the tools ... :shock: Happy hunting and welcome aboard!!

Bri-

Welcome to the forum Dave. You are gonna love the DFX. Looking forward to seeing some of those finds pics. Hope you enjoy your stay with us here. We got a real good group of folks. ;)

Welcome aboard, glad to see someone else has been bothered by those %## flies. Rob

Thanks for the replies all. I'm definitely not keeping the DFX with my tools. It's safe in the extended part of the cab now. I'm a so so banjo player. I have a LONG way to go before I will consider myself a mediocre player, but I have a lot of fun with it though. Woke up too late to make it to the beach before the crowds the last two days. Maybe Monday.

Back
Top Bottom