Went to harbor freight today , bought a cen tech

ohiochris

Elite Member
They opened a harbor freight store in my town today so I went to look around. I seen they had 4 cen tech pinpointers so I looked up the coupon code online and bought one. First thing I did is the boost trick , used a bread tie and electrical tape to cover it. Seems to gain a little bit of depth. I will probably eventually do all the modifications I can to it. Right now Im just trying to figure out a good way to mount it to my detector , that case that comes with it is a pain and the pointer is bulky enough because of its shape that Im not sure I just want to carry it in my pouch. Im thinking there must be a way to attatch it to the detector securely and in a convenient way but cant think of it yet. Anybody have any ideas ? Velcro would work , but I dont want to mess up the detector case by gluing velcro to it.

Snap Clip?

OhioChris,
May I suggest a pipe snap clip, glued to the back of the pinpointer. Do a search on the web for snap pipe clip, to get an image to let you know what I am referring to. If you glue these to the back of the pinpointer it would allow you to clip the pinpointer to the rod on your detector.
Just an off the wall suggestion.
The Cen Tec is not an expensive pinpointer and the plastic clips should be inexpensive.
The clips will probably cause some grief in the dirt, dirt holder, but you asked for an idea.
Hope it leads you to a solution that will work for you,
Qualla

Thats a good idea. As long as I can find a way to keep the clips from scratching up the detector shaft. I kinda like the idea of converting it to a wired wand with the box staying attatched and only have to use the wand part , but thats a project for a later date I think. Thanks for the suggestion.

I rarely have need for a pinpointer but I have run into a few circumstances where it would be useful. I know the cen tech is not that great but for the price it was worth the investment. Its really hard to justify the expense of a garrett or minelab pointer , though I have entered every contest Ive found trying to win one.

Back
Top Bottom