1897 School House finds (Updated)

North☆Star

Elite Member
The neighbor has an 1897 school house still standing that he has kept up and looks amazing. Ive always been nervous about asking but finally grew a pair and did it. "Sure, go ahead. There has been a few guys already on it but go for it." I thought for sure I missed my chance and it was gonna be picked clean. The grass is mowed and the lawn is maybe 1/2 of an acre so there's not much room for missed targets. I was using the 5x8 on the ATP and took my time. So far so good! The 1881 was my oldest coin for about two minutes then I dug the 64. The 5x8 is doing a great job at pulling the goods from trash. Thanks for looking!

20140514_164452.jpg

Well I went back and did another thorough walk through with the stock coil this time and I'm fairly confident the ground is now clean. At least for my machine anyways. Johnny lightning car, palmolive soap token ,1973 kennedy half, clad quarter and a couple old hair clips. It was a great spot for my area and I'm off to hopefully get permission on another old school. Thanks guys!

Attachments

• 20140517_110653.jpg
    20140517_110653.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 127
Nice finds congrats, I love the patina the ground gave those indians and wheats look from

Nice job and congrats. If I were you I'd put on the stock coil and max sensitivity to find the deeper coins others may have not been able to find

Minelab CTX Dirty30-Teknetics T2 Se

North☆Star;2053968 said:
The neighbor has an 1897 school house still standing that he has kept up and looks amazing. Ive always been nervous about asking but finally grew a pair and did it. "Sure, go ahead. There has been a few guys already on it but go for it." I thought for sure I missed my chance and it was gonna be picked clean. The grass is mowed and the lawn is maybe 1/2 of an acre so there's not much room for missed targets. I was using the 5x8 on the ATP and took my time. So far so good! The 1881 was my oldest coin for about two minutes then I dug the 64. The 5x8 is doing a great job at pulling the goods from trash. Thanks for looking!

View attachment 273732

Wow! My first Indian was a 1864!

Back
Top Bottom