XP Rumor Mill - New Flagship this year?

Diggerydoo

I heard on the All Metal Mode UK podcast that XP anticipates having a new flagship metal detector out this year.

Anyone have more info?

I want compare this unreleased XP detector to the unreleased Minelab so I can decide which unreleased detector I want to buy before they come out. :lol:

-D

I heard on the All Metal Mode UK podcast that XP anticipates having a new flagship metal detector out this year.

Anyone have more info?

I want compare this unreleased XP detector to the unreleased Minelab so I can decide which unreleased detector I want to buy before they come out. :lol:

-D

I'm pretty sure there's an unreported upgrade to the ATPro that you should add to your comparison also. It would be nice to have your report before they all come out.

I'm pretty sure there's an unreported upgrade to the ATPro that you should add to your comparison also. It would be nice to have your report before they all come out.

Wasnt that the AT max? Lol Garrett needs to get out of the single frequency stone age already, and make a light, multifrequency, waterproof rig. Keep it around 1,000$ and I think they will have a winner.... Just my 2 cents, I have not heard ANYTHING out of XP, then again, I wasn't listening either... Will be interesting to see what they have in store!

So, next year Ebay will be flooded with the 'obsolete' old XP Deus then. :-)
Will the new one find you more coins & artifacts? I doubt it.
It will find XP a lot of Dollars/Euro's tho.

I recently got the ORX, but haven't been able to use it a whole lot do to my schedule this month. Having an XP machine that competes in the middle range (price wise) is a good move. I also like the idea of the smart phone app that is coming later this year that ties in some GPS functions/mapping.

XP doesn't really have a machine that competes on the beach or one that is completely waterproof. I could see them doing a totally sealed machine with the battery lead cable going up the shaft and an maybe an extension that screws into the control box for water detecting. Wireless obviously doesn't work underwater, so they'll have to account for that somehow. I don't see them making any radical changes from their small/light form factor.

I'm pretty sure there's an unreported upgrade to the ATPro that you should add to your comparison also.

I had an AT Max and sold it. I couldn't stand the "poppy" audio and no iron volume. I think it is a good detector with good coil selection, great wireless implementation with Zlynk for accessories, and good recovery speed. To me Garret's hardware is solid, but they really need a software change to allow audio features that are on par with other detectors at minimum.

D

It better be able to multiple frequencies at the same time. The wireless updateable coils were a gimmick from day one. Can't hunt in the water. EMI is worse. A confusing process in the used market. Extra charging is a pain. And the price of coils is just laughable. All for what? Getting rid of a coil wire? Not at all worth it.

I personally don’t see the benefit of running a mult frequency machine other than in saltwater beaches or extreme bad ground..In my Pennsylvania soil the Etrac or nox is no deeper than the f75..I think the nox is a good machine but it falses more than the f75 in my soil..Minelab got it right with fbs imo,but I would buy another nox cause it’s good also.

Last edited:
Different strokes for different folks LOL.

For me it just the opposite woodbutcher. Of course I've never tried the new improved F75, but mine was far more noisy than my NOX 800 by a long shot. The only time my 800 makes a noise is when there is something under the coil.

I would say the E-Trac is a tad deeper than the 800, but not enough to make up for the difference in weight in my opinion.

I recently got the ORX, but haven't been able to use it a whole lot do to my schedule this month. Having an XP machine that competes in the middle range (price wise) is a good move. I also like the idea of the smart phone app that is coming later this year that ties in some GPS functions/mapping.

XP doesn't really have a machine that competes on the beach or one that is completely waterproof. I could see them doing a totally sealed machine with the battery lead cable going up the shaft and an maybe an extension that screws into the control box for water detecting. Wireless obviously doesn't work underwater, so they'll have to account for that somehow. I don't see them making any radical changes from their small/light form factor.

I had an AT Max and sold it. I couldn't stand the "poppy" audio and no iron volume. I think it is a good detector with good coil selection, great wireless implementation with Zlynk for accessories, and good recovery speed. To me Garret's hardware is solid, but they really need a software change to allow audio features that are on par with other detectors at minimum.

D

You are absolutely on the money with that statement_Garrett would be in the money if they implemented it_

[/QUOTE]
goodmore wrote

It better be able to multiple frequencies at the same time. The wireless updateable coils were a gimmick from day one. Can't hunt in the water. EMI is worse. A confusing process in the used market. Extra charging is a pain. And the price of coils is just laughable. All for what? Getting rid of a coil wire? Not at all worth it.

I agree with you that it needs to be waterproof but with all of the wireless components I don't see how besides using the waterproof accessory kit they already have. i have owned a Deus and own the ORX currently. I have never had any EMI issues and I have had plenty with some FTP and Garrett detectors I used to own. I like the many selectable frequencies and especially the true threshold based all metal modes. I don't see the coils as a gimmick. The coils are expensive because they actually are the detector. The control units are just for changing settings and relaying info to me. I love my Equinox and use it the most. But, the audio on the Deus/ORX is the best I've ever experienced. I've taken XP detectors on long gold prospecting trips and never had charging issues. They charge up pretty quickly, work with portable battery chargers and last about 30 hours of continuous use. Putting the ORX or Deus in a backpack and hiking to prospecting sites at 10,000 feet like I often do and swinging a 1 lbs 14 oz detector effortlessly all day makes me realize the excessive price is almost worth it. It's not my favorite detector but it gets plenty of use.

I personally don’t see the benefit of running a mult frequency machine other than in saltwater beaches or extreme bad ground..In my Pennsylvania soil the Etrac or nox is no deeper than the f75..I think the nox is a good machine but it falses more than the f75 in my soil..Minelab got it right with fbs imo,but I would buy another nox cause it’s good also.

My ground is not extreme mineralized.
Does multi freq make a difference ? Have an advantage using EQuinox? A big YES.
Folks need to remember soil mineralization works on a sliding scale as to how a detector can detect targets.
A smaller target, a target thin but on edge moreso, shape, depth, etc.

So some targets using detector X model may be reflected when detected as iron or not detected at all, whereas EQX May infact detect as nonferrous, even give real good ID buried and undisturbed.
If folks don’t believe this
Watch this video I did. Comparing Deus, Eqx 800 and Anfibio Mulit.
I didn’t have F75 detector, but if I would have it would not have faired any better than the Anfibio did. Actually Anfibio multi better performer generally than F75 in my soil on all nonferrous targets overall.

Yeah folks can find things in a site with any detector. How do you know what you are missing? If you keep using single freq detectors you won’t ever know some of what you are missing.
Bottom line.
EQX 800 has the uncanny ability to give very good distinguishable tone on difficult to detect nonferrous targets. Even the Deus can’t keep up. And many others too.
I have seen this with my own eyes and ears.
Countless times.

Does the above mean Eqx sees all Deus can?
Nope.
Their are some coil sizes Deus runner can use and gain some advantage in some situations.

Enjoy the video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=otGJFgi-sJc

Btw EQX, the detect mode one uses and settings can make a difference as far a signal detecting more difficult to detect nonferrous.

The thinner or smaller the target masking caused by soil even medium mineralized can hide finds. Like half dimes, small Spanish bits, and coins. Even small gold coins, trimes, 3 cent pieces made of nickel.

Minelab knows full well how good their little monster called the EQX line works. Hence the why behind the use of word obsolete.

Xp, Garrett, White’s etc, also by now knows how good Eqx line is too.

Bottom line.
Put 11” dd coils on loads of different medium and higher priced models detectors currently available.
Hit an old field dates in the 1700s/1800s.
And let all the super proficient users of their respective VLF detectors just locate no brainer signals. Those signals where a proficient user of their detector would rate as being >75% chance of bing nonferrous. Based on tonal behavior and or ID.
If we let all targets located by all detectorist be compared to all other models.
And the same rating used to rate suspect targets as being nonferrous.
A pattern would be seen.
EQX 800 has high odds of being the clear winner at the end of the day.
And if Etrac is one of the detectors being run, it will do better compared to the whole lot of detectors than some may think.

Far less digging on a whim for nonferrous targets using EQX line.

You hunt a field where CW action took place where soil is medium mineralized or higher with F75 detector any series. Sure you can dig bullets. They are big targets comparitively speaking. Wonder what one would miss though?? And not know.
Like small gold coin, smaller cuff buttons, etc.
One will notice EQX coil sweep speed can be far faster too vs F75 and still hit targets F75 user has a bigger chance of missing.

I am not even talking about masking as far as iron. Actual targets sitting solo with no ferrous masking. Just soil.

If we add ferrous masking into equation EQX kills F75 big time. Stock coil vs stock coil.
If a person has a Eqx and they have a bud who has done well in a relic site using F75 detector. Take your Nox in there and hold on you are in for a ride.

Last edited:
I've owned a lot of metal detectors from every manufacturer out there. I've narrowed it down to my 3 favorite detectors as far as relic hunting goes. They are the Deus, the Equinox and the GPX. My ground is quite mineralized I might add and why a lot of other metal detectors struggle. The Tarsacci MDT 8000 was also a good one but unfortunately I had to part with it due to financial reasons.

IMO opinion the Deus with the 9 inch HF coil running 28 KHz can't be beat in my soil for iron infested sites. The Equinox is a close second and does better for depth in clean ground, but just struggles a bit in the really bad iron sites. I'm talking 4 plus nails per swing. If you do get into iron the Equinox seems to be best running 50 tones all metal in Field 2 for my area.

It would be cool if XP came out with a simultaneous multi frequency machine. With the speed of the Deus and simultaneous multi frequency, it would be killer. Even better if they made a PI/VLF combo machine. Switch on the fly type.

Anyone have more info?

-D

You are smart. I would also wait for Garrett's long anticipated release of the Nox killer.

My ground is not extreme mineralized.
Does multi freq make a difference ? Have an advantage using EQuinox? A big YES.
Folks need to remember soil mineralization works on a sliding scale as to how a detector can detect targets.
A smaller target, a target thin but on edge moreso, shape, depth, etc.

So some targets using detector X model may be reflected when detected as iron or not detected at all, whereas EQX May infact detect as nonferrous, even give real good ID buried and undisturbed.
If folks don’t believe this
Watch this video I did. Comparing Deus, Eqx 800 and Anfibio Mulit.
I didn’t have F75 detector, but if I would have it would not have faired any better than the Anfibio did. Actually Anfibio multi better performer generally than F75 in my soil on all nonferrous targets overall.

Yeah folks can find things in a site with any detector. How do you know what you are missing? If you keep using single freq detectors you won’t ever know some of what you are missing.
Bottom line.
EQX 800 has the uncanny ability to give very good distinguishable tone on difficult to detect nonferrous targets. Even the Deus can’t keep up. And many others too.
I have seen this with my own eyes and ears.
Countless times.

Does the above mean Eqx sees all Deus can?
Nope.
Their are some coil sizes Deus runner can use and gain some advantage in some situations.

Enjoy the video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=otGJFgi-sJc

Btw EQX, the detect mode one uses and settings can make a difference as far a signal detecting more difficult to detect nonferrous.

The thinner or smaller the target masking caused by soil even medium mineralized can hide finds. Like half dimes, small Spanish bits, and coins. Even small gold coins, trimes, 3 cent pieces made of nickel.

Minelab knows full well how good their little monster called the EQX line works. Hence the why behind the use of word obsolete.

Xp, Garrett, White’s etc, also by now knows how good Eqx line is too.

Bottom line.
Put 11” dd coils on loads of different medium and higher priced models detectors currently available.
Hit an old field dates in the 1700s/1800s.
And let all the super proficient users of their respective VLF detectors just locate no brainer signals. Those signals where a proficient user of their detector would rate as being >75% chance of bing nonferrous. Based on tonal behavior and or ID.
If we let all targets located by all detectorist be compared to all other models.
And the same rating used to rate suspect targets as being nonferrous.
A pattern would be seen.
EQX 800 has high odds of being the clear winner at the end of the day.
And if Etrac is one of the detectors being run, it will do better compared to the whole lot of detectors than some may think.

Far less digging on a whim for nonferrous targets using EQX line.

You hunt a field where CW action took place where soil is medium mineralized or higher with F75 detector any series. Sure you can dig bullets. They are big targets comparitively speaking. Wonder what one would miss though?? And not know.
Like small gold coin, smaller cuff buttons, etc.
One will notice EQX coil sweep speed can be far faster too vs F75 and still hit targets F75 user has a bigger chance of missing.

I am not even talking about masking as far as iron. Actual targets sitting solo with no ferrous masking. Just soil.

If we add ferrous masking into equation EQX kills F75 big time. Stock coil vs stock coil.
If a person has a Eqx and they have a bud who has done well in a relic site using F75 detector. Take your Nox in there and hold on you are in for a ride.

Tnsharpshooter, even if we don't agree sometimes I think your just a great asset to this hobby.. No one puts time in evaluating and testing the performance like you do.

Tnsharpshooter, even if we don't agree sometimes I think your just a great asset to this hobby.. No one puts time in evaluating and testing the performance like you do.

Thanks Woody.

It’s fun using detectors and see what the real deal is. Green up is here big time.
Taking a break for now. Playing with a few rifles.

I've owned a lot of metal detectors from every manufacturer out there. I've narrowed it down to my 3 favorite detectors as far as relic hunting goes. They are the Deus, the Equinox and the GPX. My ground is quite mineralized I might add and why a lot of other metal detectors struggle. The Tarsacci MDT 8000 was also a good one but unfortunately I had to part with it due to financial reasons.

IMO opinion the Deus with the 9 inch HF coil running 28 KHz can't be beat in my soil for iron infested sites. The Equinox is a close second and does better for depth in clean ground, but just struggles a bit in the really bad iron sites. I'm talking 4 plus nails per swing. If you do get into iron the Equinox seems to be best running 50 tones all metal in Field 2 for my area.

It would be cool if XP came out with a simultaneous multi frequency machine. With the speed of the Deus and simultaneous multi frequency, it would be killer. Even better if they made a PI/VLF combo machine. Switch on the fly type.

I’d love a site with 4 nails in a swing! I get 4 nails in a 4” plug.

I’d love a site with 4 nails in a swing! I get 4 nails in a 4” plug.

I have the same trouble at many of the sites I detect. Using a pinpointer is almost useless.

A 5x9 elliptical or 6" coil makes 4 nails per swing no problem.

D

Back
Top Bottom