It's coming .....the New DeepTech Vista model Metal Detector

Sven

Elite Member
They have listened to many of us and what we want in a metal detector.
This is a special North American model built to specs required in the USA and Canada.

Keep an eye out as more info is released.

Attachments

• dt.jpg
    dt.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 1,224
  • dt11.jpg
    dt11.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 1,220
  • dt22.jpg
    dt22.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 1,158
This is where DT listened, told them numerous times, smaller control box. Nice move on their part.

Attachments

• ddtt3.jpg
    ddtt3.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 1,131
Why would the backlight be on all of the time (according to their website)? That is a waste of battery life.

Having a 'backlight' tells me a lot. You don't need a backlight for a beep and dig detector. It must have a digital readout! Besides a backlight doesn't use that much energy.

beephead

The New Vista X is HERE and it's official.

We bet there will be many many questions but let's just sum the main things in a few points:

new electronics box - 2,5 times smaller;
new battery box;
new coil - deeper and with better separation;
wide discrimination - enables separation on poluted sites, including foil, pulltabs, cans etc.;
comfortable switching between ALL Metal, 2 Tone and ALT DISC modes - for both right and left-handed;
IP68 connectors with gold pins;
Waterproof connectors and an O-ring between the box and the front panel for even better isolation on humid weather;
1300 grams without batteries;

More interesting details and test videos COMING SOON!

Attachments

• dtt4.jpg
    dtt4.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 1,024
  • dtxxx5.jpg
    dtxxx5.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 1,054
Last edited:
none of those nasty VDI numbers....

Not for “clad-stabbing” or folks who imagine they can notch out pulltabs and still find lots of gold rings.

I like beep and dig machines as I own 3 tesoros, however I also own an equinox which I can set to 2 tones and have the break at any point on the disc scale. I can also adjust the iron volume, and the recovery speed. If I put masking tape over the screen what am I missing that this new Deeptech has?

I like beep and dig machines as I own 3 tesoros, however I also own an equinox which I can set to 2 tones and have the break at any point on the disc scale. I can also adjust the iron volume, and the recovery speed. If I put masking tape over the screen what am I missing that this new Deeptech has?

Just another option for those who want a analog type beep and dig vs. a digital processor screened type machine. Instead of this being a detector designed for European conditions, its expressly designed for the US market in mind. Deeptech took input from respected heavy hitter US detectorists to give us what we desired in such a machine. Heaven knows Tesoro didn't listen, they were given the opportunity to design such a machine. They already had the Tejon as the base unit. DeepTech is taking the lead.

One of my favorite brands was Tesoro, owned way too many of them and still kept one around after using my first DeepTech--Vista Gold. That's when I realized its time to jump the Tesoro ship, found myself a better detector overall for the types of detecting I do. About that time, myself and a few others started to think about a few enhancements to make the DT units more adaptable for those in the US and Canada. DT listened, after a number of years decided yes, its time, for a special N. American edition DeepTech.

With Tesoros demise, DT timing is just about perfect for those who have been hoping and waiting for a Super Tesoro (whatever happened to the Cazador?).that will never be. DT is giving those guys a new option, with their latest beep and dig. Time will tell how this Vista X is accepted and performs.

Per Keith Southern, who is a master relic hunter with the Tejon:

Yes its what a Tejon Could of been.

So I'm very very happy!

For the audiophile hunter the Deepetch's are in a league of their own on today's market for sure.

The 16Khz is also welcome.

One thing about DeepTechs that is they are all deep. and any freq seems hot on DEEEEEP silver to me in their line.

The extended disc range will now allow for mixed use sites where as I usually have to put the Vistas up once the trash becomes abundant on modern or modern mixed use sites.

On old iron sites to me the 15Khz up Vistas are as good as any machine produced for unmasking and or depth.they are XP-GMP league in that category.The new disc range with dual disc will allow for the more aggressive hunter to work those sites for more finds.We found out years ago how well a dual disc can work to even accurately isolate a certain target with the 1260 line then Tesoro followed suite with the Tejon..Now we have a Vista X using this tried and proven design.

The Tesoro Guys and I'm one of them will enjoy the expanded range disc for a more do it all unit.

We dont have alot of American options anymore besides Tesoro to hunt with audio feedback as our only compass.But what makes the DeepTech line so unique is the old school audio feel but with a modern twist in terms of dual tone with a break option and newer filtering for less masking and more depth in soil while still retaining audio intelligence in rejected items not becoming too noisy or distracting to the user to decipher good from bad.

A non metered user using a DeepTech for first time will see how well a good target sounds and how bad a junk target or alloys or wrinkled aluminum sounds.

The new styling of the unit does look more Modern and the weather proofing is a added bonus!Not that I care if it looked like it fell off a truck and got ran over as long as it works at the task in hand..but its nice to have a certain pride about your equipment and know its assembled correctly And know that Plamen Rashkov is moving forward with his effort !!

I have to admit the Graphics with the big red X looks great..I was asked to pick a name from a list of names as were some others and I thought X would really be the one to show that it was a different departure unit for Deeptech.I thought X was more tantalizing and gave it a new advanced line type feel.But never envisioned the X being so prominent and Eye catching Nice work---No--- GREAT WORK on the graphics when I first saw it was my thought!!

Keith

Why would the backlight be on all of the time (according to their website)? That is a waste of battery life.

F75 has backlight on consistently. Batteries last forever. LEDs produce very little battery drain. I use backlight all the time if the machine has one. Increases visibility.

Update from DeepTech, May 4, 2019

(New) 16 kHz DeepTech Vista X

So tests are still ongoing but the Vista X is doing well so far, slight delay on information coming forward due to a discrimination tweak that needed to be made but now starting full on testing again.

A couple of stand out features are the new smaller control box what people asked to be changed over the current range of Vistas, also the new coil design that is attached to the extended telescopic shaft that will be standard on the Vista X.
Other aspects are sharp audio and its ability to knock/silent out unwanted items like coke and other undesirables that may be a constant nuisance to you in the field with its strong discrimination.

It’s nice to be able to set the Alternative Discrimination up to vanish these unwanted items or if you wish set just below so you break the audio on these items instead of blanketing them out completely with the help of iron audio depending on what the items are, the choice is there to do this with the DeepTech Vista X.

To switch to alternative discrimination mode you push and hold either of the two toggle switches under the control box forward, pulling either of these toggle switches back towards you and holding then places you into all metal mode, when you release any of the toggles switches this automatically places you back into your standard discrimination search mode that you should run as raw as possible for best performance.

When in your standard discrimination mode you ideally want to set it just to break audio on iron depending on size, the Vista X will still knock out certain iron targets even on zero discrimination like the current Vista models so again this is good for people swapping to the Vista X for the new features over their current Vista model.

Performance is good on the depth and separation front and the audio is inline with the current range of Vista Machines especially the Vista Warrior with regards to tone, so people who like this will be right at home with the Vista X

As said these are on going tests and some videos will be coming hopefully Wednesday depending on weather showing some aspects of the Vista X and performance.

Attachments

• ddt.jpg
    ddt.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 670
I forgot what the Vista Warrior audio sounds like! I know that I like the audio of the Gold Gain a lot better than I do the audio of the Smart Plus. I won't buy one anyway until they put a small concentric search coil on the menu. In the process of being developed doesn't cut it for me. That could be years away.

beephead

I forgot what the Vista Warrior audio sounds like! I know that I like the audio of the Gold Gain a lot better than I do the audio of the Smart Plus. I won't buy one anyway until they put a small concentric search coil on the menu. In the process of being developed doesn't cut it for me. That could be years away.

beephead

They have a small 5" for it, most likely the present DD type they have for the other DT units. A smaller 7" coil is being worked on, the size everyone is looking for. Hopefully by the time production units would be ready, so will the coils. The Vista X is still in its pre pre-production testing stages. Until those are done and any tweaks changes made the pre-production sample units will not be sent to field testers. I am figuring testers should see something by months end. So an early summer launch still looks possible.

There's a super short video demoing the audio of the X on the net. It has a good audio tone with great modulation. I like it! Now lets get some mid-size search coils for it.

beephead

Back
Top Bottom