• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

ATP headphone adapt./ grip removal

campnagle

Elite Member
Got ATP with new style rubber grip, not foam.
Trying to remove grip but can't for headphone adapt.
Instructions show old style foam grip.
Water, dish soap not working.
Any tips here?
Thinking on plan "B", camo wrap it the whole length

Just secure it to the shaft with cable ties. Even if you can get the grip off it won't go back on. Or just let it hang from the back.

Just secure it to the shaft with cable ties. Even if you can get the grip off it won't go back on. Or just let it hang from the back.

I think you're right.
I did the camo wrap thing and it's fine.
Put extra wraps on grip and can't feel wire.

Attachments

• atp grip 002 (Small).JPG
    atp grip 002 (Small).JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 178
  • atp grip 003 (Small).JPG
    atp grip 003 (Small).JPG
    49 KB · Views: 125
  • atp grip 004 (Small).JPG
    atp grip 004 (Small).JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
I think you're right.
I did the camo wrap thing and it's fine.
Put extra wraps on grip and can't feel wire.

Hey, is there a clip underneath the forearm cuff that connects to that headphone adaptor, campnagle? I have an ATM and mine has a hook/clip under there that has intrigued me (slightly...I haven't been losing sleep or anything :D) for over a year. I could never figure out what it was for.

I ran my headphone cable INSIDE the tube and out the end of the tube by the cuff.....I drilled a hole in the shaft above the grip, and then fished a wire and snaked the cable through the hole...To do this method the cable has to be cut, so I simply soldered it all back together and shrink tubed it, and then retracted that splice back inside the shaft...so the soldered cable joint was inside the tube... it was sleek and no big deal at all, probably a lot less fooling around than trying to pull off the grip...

This allowed me to use the same GG NTD phones on either my AtPro or my F70 merely by unhooking the phones from the quick release instead of having to deal with the Garrett phone plug...It was a sweet set up, my phones were all dialed into my ears and worked on both rigs seamelssly...no worrys about water at the socket on account of the NDT's quick pop off is right up by the headphones...

I did the same thing with the coil cable on my F70..Instead of having it taped or wrapped to the shafts, I cut it and ran it inside the tube.... solder spliced it back together...It works fine and the coil wire is internal...

Why I prefer to cut the cables is its nearly impossible to unsolder the small wires at the plug ends....so its easier to just cut the cable, thread the wire through the tube, and then solder splice it all back together...

I bought the NDT's with an extra cable...both with the 90degree standard plug, so one was fine for my F70 just the way it was, and on the other, on the other cord, I cut off that 90 degree plug, fished the phone wire through the AtPro tube, and soldered on the Garrett plug.... see? Easy peasy pumpkin pie! :laughing:

Hey, is there a clip underneath the forearm cuff that connects to that headphone adaptor, campnagle? I have an ATM and mine has a hook/clip under there that has intrigued me (slightly...I haven't been losing sleep or anything :D) for over a year. I could never figure out what it was for.

There was a hook on cuff but the adapter comes with a clip.
Not liking the balance of the atp at all so am working on that.

Back
Top Bottom