New from Mississippi

MSUJRB

Hello to all! I've been reading this forum for the last couple of days and I joined today. I'm looking forward to getting started with this interesting hobby. I've been retired for a little over four years, now I'm waiting for my wife to retire. We plan to travel in our MH and see LOTS of this beautiful country and I got to thinking the other day that this would be an excellent way to spend time at each location we visit, that is, whenever we are not taking in the the sites and history there.

As a beginner to this avocation and after about four days of intense research, I've pretty much decided to order a Bounty Hunter Land Star. One problem I've had in coming to that decision is that I've not found a website that allows a 'side by side' comparison of comparable and different brands and models. But, based on features, price and value this looks like the one for me. My question is what other brands have similar features as this unit, in this same price range. Also, is there a brand/model that is considerably better for only a few dollars more?

Thanks, Jerry

Welcome to the forum. Any detector will give you fun. It seems everyone has their own opinions about the machines. Good luck hunting.

Welcome to our family. The Bounty Hunter you want has a lot of good features for a detector in the $300 price range. The only down side I have heard is the display is hard to see because it is so small. If vision is not a problem, it probably would be a good choice. It is difficult to check out all detectors and compare feature for feature. All major detector manufacturers make "mid range" detectors that would suit your needs. I'm sure you will get plenty of good advice from other forum members. Whatever you decide, good luck and enjoy the hobby.:yes:

Welcome Jerry..... sounds like you have selected an excellent pasttime for the type of retirement you will be enjoying. HH... RickO

Welcome to the forum! I have a Land Star, and it's really a pretty decent machine, but the display can be a little hard to see if you're hunting in dim light, but it's not that bad. It will pick-up coins four or five inches deep, but from my experience, that's about its limit, which may not be too bad, depending on your needs.

Hi Jerry...

Welcome to the Forums. I see you are from Ridgeland. I am originally from Pearl, just across the river from you all.Sounds like you have a great plan. Hope you are able to get that detector and enjoy this great big country.

Glad to have you and good luck down there in ole Miss.

welcome.gif

Back
Top Bottom