Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   River Team 6 Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Beach and Water Hunting

Old 03-19-2018, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by dewcon View post
My problem is...... no headphones or cable yet. Just bites only being able to use it thigh deep..... just not where you want to be during spring break. Soooooo ill be using the CTX and leaving those chains.
Right there! Plus, reports on the hydrodynamics/bouyancy of the coil..does it float? Will a guy need to drop a glass rod down inside the lower shaft to keep that coil on the deck under the water? Will the shaft take the stresses of dedicated water hunting or will a guy have to pop for an aftermarket? Things like this...

Detecting is the study of Mankinds interaction with topography, the untrustworthiness of pockets, and metals desire to return to the Earth from whence it came.

Old 03-20-2018, 10:31 AM

I guess minelab needs to come out with a chain-sensing coil for the CTX.

Old 03-20-2018, 04:58 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by low tide View post
Yeah I just "coined" the Equinox 800.... So I'm patiently watching and waiting for the bug's/fix's/tweaks/weaks/etc until I decide to get one or not. I'm still in love with my CTX so I'm in no rush.... So how different are the numbers on the E800/E600 vs the CTX?
I'm in your corner Low Tide. I'm in love with the CTX. I've had a lot of machines that I hoped would replace it. But I haven't found one yet. I'm not saying it's the best for everyone, but it works for me.

CTX 3030

Old 03-21-2018, 02:17 AM

dropped the dime today on the NOX 800... I'll post some side by side comparisons with my CTX by next week.