AT Pro coil recommendation for the beach?

Saoirse

Forum Supporter
The 8x11 stock coil works reasonably well for me but can be noisy as heck, tried a vast combination of auto/manual ground balance, sensitivity, modes etc but it still likes to chatter, a lot!

The beaches I roam are not very mineralized but does have some black sand patches (almost unusable on them) and they are not very trashy thankfully.
In the water the chatter can drive you a bit nuts sometimes so I'm looking for your thoughts on a coil that works well on the beach, dry and wet sand and the occasional waist high water hunt.

Are you hunting salt or fresh? I use the Pro on some bad black sand fresh water conditions...with the stock coil 8x11 and most recently with the NEL Thunder...I run Pro zero and drop sens about 3 clicks and dig anything that interrupts....this is on fresh though...
Mud

Attachments

• black s.jpg
    black s.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 497
  • blow.jpg
    blow.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 517
Most everyone will say just give up on salt water, Some have had ok results though dropping their GB down to almost nothing.. Way low. Not the ultimate machine for salt water hunting but you can find stuff.

The absolute best coil for saltwater is...

the one connected to any multi-frequency detector! Ta-da!

Seriously though, the AT Pro is great for freshwater. I don't even think Garrett would recommend using it near salt though. It can be done, but for most at a large loss of depth by lowering the sensitivity so far down to eliminate the mineral falsing.

That's why you need a land machine and a water machine. My next is a water abd I'm leaning towards a sand shark

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom