Army Ring? Age? Antique? WWII?

RyanChappell

Elite Member
Army Ring? Age? Antique? WWII?

attachment.php

Whatever the details, behind it, it looks amazing. Can you post some other pics of the different sides and such of the ring? Congrats on the neat find!

Whatever the details, behind it, it looks amazing. Can you post some other pics of the different sides and such of the ring? Congrats on the neat find!

Unfortunately I did not find it. I was hunting another street that the waterworks was digging along, and a man came out and asked me what I was doing. We chatted for a while then he got this ring and showed it to me. He said he found it at his mother's house in the dirt. I told him I would look it up and tell him next time I pass by. He might want to sell it to me.

I am considering offering him $20. A pawn shop would probably only give him scrap, figure it weighs 10gm, so that's $10. It would probably fetch $40-60 on ebay, right?

Thanks! I could not find one that close. Maybe the seal is gold if I clean it?

I am pretty sure that is the army's insignia, after my searches for one like it.

Anything on the ring that might give a clue? They are sometimes dated if issued as part of a graduation.
Value? Worth a bit more than $20to the right person.

Nice find!

I am thinking the man already went to a pawn shop and was 60% melt or whatever they would offer, which would be $6, right? Or like the last pawn shop I went into for advice, which is not recommended, they said a quarter sized sterling item was worthless. So maybe he will take whatever I give him. I think I believe his story that it was found in the dirt.

I did see some similar ones on websites for $200, but I think those are fishing expeditions. I am thinking it would sell on e-bay for $50, so $20 is fair but I will offer $10, with some wiggle room.

It is a W.W.II vintage ring. It would have been a P.X. Purchase item, I could get 175.00 for it in my store.. Looks like a great item.

Back
Top Bottom