First silver of the year plus more

cellrdwellr

Elite Member
Hey everyone hope all is well and everyone had safe and happy holidays! Had a few hours to hunt on New Year's Eve and added one silver coin and one silver ring to the 2016 totals. 2017 started pretty good, I ended up with 2 silvers, 4 wheats, and 5 injuns. Also a 16 gauge headstamp, a children's choir pin, and a fired Musketball. It was in the upper 30's when I got out there. Within two hours it was snowing and windy, and I had not brought my gloves so after 3 hours I had enough. Temps will be very chilly for awhile so I'm not sure how much hunting will be done but I'll get cabin fever within hours so I'll probably just dress for the occasion. Thanks for looking and happy hunting!

Attachments

• IMG_0845.jpg
    IMG_0845.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 406
  • IMG_0847.jpg
    IMG_0847.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 479
  • IMG_0848.jpg
    IMG_0848.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 470
  • IMG_0849.jpg
    IMG_0849.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 399
  • IMG_0870.jpg
    IMG_0870.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 403
  • IMG_0872.jpg
    IMG_0872.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 397
  • IMG_0871.jpg
    IMG_0871.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 398
  • IMG_0874.jpg
    IMG_0874.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 479
  • IMG_0875.jpg
    IMG_0875.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 478
  • IMG_0876.jpg
    IMG_0876.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 392
  • IMG_0877.jpg
    IMG_0877.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 485
  • IMG_0878.jpg
    IMG_0878.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 398
  • IMG_0869.jpg
    IMG_0869.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 361
  • IMG_0873.jpg
    IMG_0873.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 369
Last edited:
Congrats Jeff on a great finish to "16" and a very shiny start to the new year. You already have almost my complete Indian take from last year in one outing. Good luck in "17". Jack

Congrats!

I still think you are crazy for being out there in the cold with a pick axe to break through the ground, but, as they say, to each their own ;)

I really like that Children's Choir pin. That's the kind of thing that may have meant a great deal to whom it belonged,though it may seem trivial to us.
It's really amazing how dark those coins can get too,I've never pulled a silver that didn't look "silver". Were these coins in a really wet environment?
Hell of a start...

Congrats!

I still think you are crazy for being out there in the cold with a pick axe to break through the ground, but, as they say, to each their own ;)

No pick axe needed the lesche cuts through no problem, now the snow is gone so I'm getting a tad bit more depth so I'm finding some stuff that was missed in the first hunt. Looking forward to 2017 I'm sure you will be there with me most of the time.

Nice finds Cellar Dweller

Its always a great feeling finding IH and early wheat cents; silver coins are usually close by. :yes:

Best,

Mike

Some super nice finds, and hunting! Congrats! :yes:
Thanks nectar! Your words are much appreciated
Way to brave the elements and find some nice stuff out there. Congrats on the finds buddy!
Thanks a lot Jason! It's manageable in small doses lol HH!
I really like that Children's Choir pin. That's the kind of thing that may have meant a great deal to whom it belonged,though it may seem trivial to us.
It's really amazing how dark those coins can get too,I've never pulled a silver that didn't look "silver". Were these coins in a really wet environment?
Hell of a start...
I appreciate your reply IDX! These coins have had leaves falling on them for years, could be the reason why they look that way?!?! They look gold in person.. it was very moist there for sure but not a bog or swamp.thanks for looking!

Had me going, I looked at the pics first, and looked like gold coins. I'm guess it was the lighting that made them look that way. Great job on those coins!

Man, you're off with a bang!! :cool:

Keep up the good work!! :yes:

That Mercury had a gold tint to it and made my heart skip a beat! ;)

Sweet! Congrats on keeping in shape even in this cold weather! I wished I had your fortitude!

Back
Top Bottom