Park hunt the day the servers went down!

roob47

Forum Supporter
Well boys guess im on a hot streak! :lol: I have been hitting this school after work and on my days off since late june , this is the same school that has produced a tiny gold 10k ring and countless amount of clad and some more .925 earing's and claps. I got to this honey hole and noticed that all 3 tot-lots were going to be filled with new wood chip , keep in mind i have hit all 3 lots already but was going to hit them over again a 3rd time. So i set my sensitivity on the ace 250 to almost full bars 1 away and started, my first target was a .925 clasp i then spent 45 minutes or so looking for the rest of the chain.....:?: and i did not find it, i continue my hunt and just the regular clad and junk targets but i was surprised at how much i missed just by clicking the sensitivity up a notch. Well i told you guys on another thread im still learning this ace 250!:lol: So i concentrate where i originally wanted to hunt before i saw the piles of wood chip , the tree area behind the back stop of the baseball field/ bleacher area. So i start underneath a big tree nice and shady and the ground is a moist soft good dirt type of ground , swing the coil over what appears to be a nickel tone and out pops this beauty of ring! At first i thought it was a stainless steel junker but then i saw the STAMP! "750" i did not know what that meant but i knew it was gold white gold at that. I continued to finish my hunt found some more clad and that was it off i went to google 750! sure enough it comes out to be 18kt now i just need to take the ring down to my local jeweler and test out the diamonds! happy hunting I'll update as soon as i know! P.S. This ring does not fit any of my fingers!:laughing:

Attachments

• DSCF1853.jpg
    DSCF1853.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 3,094
  • DSCF1854.jpg
    DSCF1854.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 3,099
  • DSCF1857.jpg
    DSCF1857.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 3,079
  • DSCF1859.jpg
    DSCF1859.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 3,071
  • DSCF1863.jpg
    DSCF1863.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 3,078
********UPDATE********************************************
Well gang i went back tonight and hit again!!!! This is a very small cross and it's stamped india and something else i cant even read with a loop!:shock: So i went ahead and tested it 10kt and it weighs a meager .5 grams 1/2 a gram but i'll take it 72 cents in clad and just look at the small targets i was pulling today this is from one of the tot-lots the one where i found the 10kt baby ring , thought i had gone through that lot real good:?: guess not anyway i did not want to start another thread so figured i would just add it to this one , thanks all for looking. Hopefully this hot streak continues for me!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• DSCF1864.jpg
    DSCF1864.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 3,020
  • DSCF1865.jpg
    DSCF1865.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 2,995
*******update*******************
thanks guys for the replys and just got back from the jewelers and it is confirmed they are real diamonds!!!!!!!!!!! I'm still in shock and to me it is my best find period! My jeweler advised that if I wanted to sell to come back in a few days and we could clean it up real nice, or I could give it to the wife. He also advised me that he could put it on display in his shop sort of like on consignment , but not to send it off to the refinerys. I am still in shock and this has made my day off and literally the whole week just amazing and I am thankful I could have shared it with all of my fellow friendly metal detectors!

Thanks I have not done anything with the ring I want to get it appraised , I was also thinking about keeping it but I would also like to put it towards maybe another detector? I'm hitting pretty good depth with the ace 250 but I keep thinking I'm not hitting deep old silver and have been contemplating a ctx 3030:laughing: I don't know we will see , scouting new places this week. Happy Hunting all!

Thanks guys for the replies and yes the ace has been shining lately as it is my only land detector at the moment but I'm saving all my finds and saving up. Actually going out today probably to the same spot as I still have more ground to cover.... And yes I'll be swinging the ace 250......Happy hunting!

Fantastic ring.. Did he give you any indication of the value? And what's the karat weight?

Fantastic ring.. Did he give you any indication of the value? And what's the karat weight?
You know it's really weird how he stayed away from giving me any kind of figure....:?: he did tell me that if he bought it from me that he would take the diamonds and melt the ring. I have not done anything with it yet i have a 3 day weekend this weekend so i was gonna take it to another place to get appraised. Thanks and happy hunting!

he did tell me that if he bought it from me that he would take the diamonds and melt the ring.

But he didn't want YOU to send it to the refiners. Interesting. When I read the earlier post, I thought the jeweler wanted to keep the ring intact.

Nice find and congrats. Guess I have some more pull tabs to go before my ship comes in.

Papa

2 years later i still have the ring , same jeweler sized and flashed it for me and now my wife has it :laughing: He did buy all of my other scrap gold. Thanks guys for bringing up a good memory of a great find.

I thinks this is so cool I look you up and want to read some of you posts and the one I find is the one of this ring I remember you telling me the story while we were sitting there dispatching lol always talking about detecting cant wait to get back out there with ya brotha see you soon HH:cool:

Back
Top Bottom