• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

UPDATE/SOLD: I Can Go to Turkey & a Beach and Water Hunting FMDF 1st!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
I went out yesterday for a 2nd hunt in a row and basically covered the same beach area, but covered differently with Noxy for almost 4 hours. Except for the area on Saturday that seemed to be producing some targets for Merlin, and did hit a few more for Noxy, it was still basically still sanded in. The highlight of the hunt was the Apple Airpods. I think they’re toasted but I rinsed them, cleaned them out and today they sat out in the hot sun in a baggie with some rice. I’m attempting to see if they’ll charge right now. Going to put them up for sale anyway so we’ll see what toasted Airpods sell for. I don’t believe anyone has posted Airpods on here before so I am a trailblazer! :roll: :lol: What’s funny is that’s what I gave the wife for Christmas. That's also my 1st Turkish coin and I was surprised that they're also called "Liras" like pre-Euro Italian money.

UPDATE 3/10/19: Sold those suckers today for those of you that were interested. Not bad for something that many would probably think was worthless.

Attachments

• 2-17-19.jpg
    2-17-19.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 476
  • 2-17-19 Foreign (1).jpg
    2-17-19 Foreign (1).jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 404
  • 2-17-19 Foreign (2).jpg
    2-17-19 Foreign (2).jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 411
  • Ebay iPods.jpg
    Ebay iPods.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
Thanks a lot for making me add to my bucket list :P

Congrats on a neat find regardless! :P

You need you hit penny beach. Lots of targets. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone on a tech podcast said that they accidentally put their AirPods through the wash twice - and they survived - good luck.

Yup Turkish Lira, I used to do the accounting for Air Force contracts in Turkey. They paid the locals in their own currency, Turkish Lira. Crazy conversion rates every month.

Better hurry and spend that Lira Felix. Turkey's has a crushing annual inflation rate estimated at 101% per annum.

Great time to visit Istanbul as your US dollars will go far.

Sorry guys but I'm posting so that the update that I did in the beginning would be moved up and be seen.

Congrats on those air pods! Yup Turkish lira. A lot about Turkey was adopted from Italy whom they got their current currency from. Lived in Turkey for a couple years. Great country but a little scary lately

Congrats on those air pods! Yup Turkish lira. A lot about Turkey was adopted from Italy whom they got their current currency from. Lived in Turkey for a couple years. Great country but a little scary lately

Istanbul is a lovely city. I spent a couple of weeks there, doing the sites and still marvel at how they were able to build Hagia Sophia in the sixth century. Boggles my mind to this day. I agree that it is now a little scary and wish they could go back to the days when Ataturk created a secular republic from the rubbles of the Ottoman empire.

Some times there is more treasures out there than gold. I find a lot of keepers on the beach. Couple of days ago a large cooler full of beer.....some one was tired of dragging it to the car and gave up.

Back
Top Bottom