Cool token

CountyWorker

The Lord of the Cheap Rings
Forum Supporter
I'm not sure if this can be literally defined as ironic, but it sure was an unexpected find to say the least.

Attachments

• $5 metal detector token 001.jpg
    $5 metal detector token 001.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 438
  • $5 metal detector token 002.jpg
    $5 metal detector token 002.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 414
Some smart sailsman probably planted it with a lot more yet to found. Smart marketing gimic. Talk about getting to your target audiences.

That's one of the funniest finds I've seen with a metal detector. It reminds me of the Geico commercial on the beach with the caveman finding a set of keys with a Geico key chain.

HH,
Dave

That's one of the funniest finds I've seen with a metal detector. It reminds me of the Geico commercial on the beach with the caveman finding a set of keys with a Geico key chain.

HH,
Dave

I agree, I literally broke out into laughter when I realized what it was.

It's not every day you find something like that. Pretty smart salesman.
By the by, a quick google search finds nothing listed using that number on the coin. I guess you just found it a little late ( and $5 short). Oh well, still a nice find.

Last edited:
That's one heck of a cool find! I love to find things that some how connect, which this clearly does. Great find and congrats..

Bruce

County worker, Nice find, How about if you have some time following up on that token. Find out if the dealer is still around, and when they planted them. At a mere $5 discount on a detector as opposed to a more realistic 25 dollars, you may find it's been in the ground a while....Gil

I'm about fifty miles west of Pleasant Hill and I found it in an open field where a house built the 1800s that was torn down in the '60s once stood. Given that location I don't believe it was planted there by a crafty salesman.

I believe you may be incorrect. The "crafty salesmen" of metal detecting shops are generally avid detectorists themselves. That was his calling card that he was there before you and already cleared out the easy finds, guaranteed...

Neat find! My local dealer (Gold-N-Detectors in Golden,CO.) planted tokens similar to this when he and employees would go hunting. They were for $2.50 off any purchase. I have found 5 of them. He still accepts them. They were all placed in great looking areas.

Keep Swing'in
Jack

Neat find! My local dealer (Gold-N-Detectors in Golden,CO.) planted tokens similar to this when he and employees would go hunting. They were for $2.50 off any purchase. I have found 5 of them. He still accepts them. They were all placed in great looking areas.

Keep Swing'in
Jack

I want to find one!!!

emdees

EDIT: The area code for Pleasant Hill is currently 925 (not 415 like San Francisco)... so if you research when it changed, you'll know the minimum of how old it is.

Back
Top Bottom