Carbon fiber shafts

devros

Elite Member
I am trying to get a little input from everyone. I started a new job at a aircraft repair and they can make anything with carbon fiber. So what do you guys think of some shafts made from carbon fiber. Can you imagine how light it would be, not only that but how about cuff's also. These things would be so light and so tough that it would be crazy. I think that I might just make one for myself and see how it goes. If it does work, I might have some of you with those models that I don't have let me borrow your shaft and then make the mold from it and send it back with a carbon fiber one. So I need to hear from all of you and let me know what you guys think. I wonder why no one hasn't done it before now anyways. I might cost a little more but we pay high dollars for headphones and everything else that's high quality anyways so whats a few extra bucks for a shaft that weighs nothing and will last forever.

Sounds interesting.......

It sounds like a good idea to me, I would be interested to see if they could be made for my White's models if you get that far! Please keep us posted.....

HH, Dave............

great idea, wish i thought of it, oh i did, but never the less i have not the means to do such things and would absolutely love to see someone else build on the industry. just look up some of the bikes thay rode in the tour of france!

That sounds great. I don't know if it exists but I don't understand why a compnay hasn't gone out of there way to create the "ultimate detector". Carbon fiber, kevlar and other high tech materials to make detectors as light as possible. A lot of improvement to be had here in coils and and on shafts.

making them out of carbon fiber isn't really going to make anything much lighter, as they already use fairly light materials and most of the weight is in the control box anyhow. I wouldn't mind a carbon fiber lower shaft though, I'm always worried that might break, and maybe an arm cuff.

I do believe my lovely E-Trac is made with Carbon Fiber

"Design and ergonomics The E-TRAC has been precision engineered using the latest lightweight materials, including a carbon fiber shaft and molded upper assembly and control box."

Wow... I would LOVE to see one done in carbon fiber. That would be awesome... what kind of a price point do you think it would put the shaft at?

Back
Top Bottom