I Took My New Detector Out For A Test Drive Today

beephead

Elite Member
I got my Teknetics Omega version 6 with the 10 inch concentric search coil in the mail yesterday. This isn't my first Omega, it's my 4th. I've had versions 4, 5 and 6. I mess around and sell them and then I get to missing having one so I buy another one.

I ran it in 4 tones, 0 discrimination and set the sensitivity at 70. I played around with different sensitivity settings before digging some deep targets and found that there was no noticeable depth deference between a sensitivity setting of 70 and 99. The detector ran smoothly at all the sites that I hit today even with its highest sensitivity setting. It's a good one. I was digging all targets to get used to the machine again.

I ended up finding a couple of Washington quarters, a Mercury dime, a 1979 New Pence 2, 4 wheat pennies and a bunch of clad coins.

The weather was perfect and the ground was soft!

beephead

Attachments

• IMG_0143.jpg
    IMG_0143.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG_0144.jpg
    IMG_0144.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG_0145.jpg
    IMG_0145.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_0147.jpg
    IMG_0147.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_0148.jpg
    IMG_0148.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 320
  • IMG_0149.jpg
    IMG_0149.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 321
  • IMG_0150.jpg
    IMG_0150.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_0151.jpg
    IMG_0151.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 323
Some nice silver finds there. That is like my whole years silver finds. I see you have that pesky creeping Charlie weed there where you live.

Sweet Finds!!! Keep up the good work!!!
Thanks! I over did it yesterday, so I'm resting my sore achy muscles today.

Some nice silver finds there. That is like my whole years silver finds. I see you have that pesky creeping Charlie weed there where you live.
Thanks! It's all about location. I live in West TN. It's bad to swing over, but not as bad as clover. Clover just grabs the search coil and hangs on.

beephead

Nice silver finds to christen your new detector.. congrats..

Man that’s a great take! Congrats on the new machine too!
Thanks! I had a good time and really enjoyed all the nice weather.

Nice silver finds to christen your new detector.. congrats..
Thanks! I always give it my best when I'm out with a new detector.

Thats a bunch of diggin' there .
Yeah, and I'm paying for it today. I might be back swinging away in the morning.

I've got another thread tied to this one. There was a lot more going on than just a lot of digging. The iron audio is big deal when it comes to finding those hard to find good targets. http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=253758

beephead

Great post! I just posted my maiden beach hunt with this machine and found 10 silver coins with it! I like it a lot! My buddy buried a dime on edge at a true 7" in his yard and the Omega picks it up well from all sides. His AT Pro only picks up an "iffy" signal one direction no matter the adjustments.

Thanks for posting the settings. Not much out there for this new model I'm mostly a T2 guy.

I got my Teknetics Omega version 6 with the 10 inch concentric search coil in the mail yesterday. This isn't my first Omega, it's my 4th. I've had versions 4, 5 and 6. I mess around and sell them and then I get to missing having one so I buy another one.

I ran it in 4 tones, 0 discrimination and set the sensitivity at 70. I played around with different sensitivity settings before digging some deep targets and found that there was no noticeable depth deference between a sensitivity setting of 70 and 99. The detector ran smoothly at all the sites that I hit today even with its highest sensitivity setting. It's a good one. I was digging all targets to get used to the machine again.

I ended up finding a couple of Washington quarters, a Mercury dime, a 1979 New Pence 2, 4 wheat pennies and a bunch of clad coins.

The weather was perfect and the ground was soft!

beephead

I just love perfectly diggable ground. It just makes everything so... well, gosh-darned PLEASANT. :)

It's like, 'oops, popped another quarter,' LOL

Skippy

I noticed you put two little markers on top of the coil. Is that for pin pointing?

Really...really good first hunt with a new machine. I think you have a good one there!!
Love all the silver and the wheats too.

Back
Top Bottom