Hi everyone

drsmithtft

Forum Supporter
New to the hobby. just got my first md today. Looking forward to trying it out. Any tips would be appreciated.

Welcome to the forum!

the first tip for anyone new to detecting would be to dig every solid signal. When you get a signal, criss-cross it with your coil. If it gives a signal all four ways, dig it.

Good luck!

Welcome to the forum, what kind of detector did you get drsmithtft?

The best place to practice would be in your backyard.

Bounty Hunter Tracker

My neighbor bought one of those to try and look for his wedding ring. He/(we) haven't found it yet.. but we have found about everything else.. and I mean "EVERYTHING"! :lol: (I can't boast much better.. using a Garret Ace 150)

Anyway, welcome to the forum!

Dusty Eagle

Last edited:
Welcome, I don't know anything about the Bounty Hunters. Sorry. Glad your aboard. Enjoy the posts and I am sure somebody will be along to help you.

One thing you might want to do is put a quarter, dime, penny, nickel, bottle top, nail and pull tab on the ground and move your machine over them about 4 - 6 inches off the top and listen to the different beeps they make, or the readings your machine gives if any. Learn your machine and it will work for you!!

Good luck and most important have fun.

Welcome to the Forum and a Big Howdy form Alabama. My best piece of advice is practice a lot and learn the signals of the detector.

Back
Top Bottom