New Minelab Pro-Find...

??? Take another look at the video (post 1) and picture (post 9)

looks like the same design as the propointer ta me, the only flat spot i see is where the power button and sensitivity adjustment are, i certainly wouldn't call that a square handle.... i'll let ya know in a couple months when i get mine

looks like the same design as the propointer ta me, the only flat spot i see is where the power button and sensitivity adjustment are, i certainly wouldn't call that a square handle.... i'll let ya know in a couple months when i get mine

Dont know what photo your looking at--
Take a look at the photo in post #9 to the far right...the handle is square section.

Dont know what photo your looking at--
Take a look at the photo in post #9 to the far right...the handle is square section.

yea whatever......i guess my propointer is square too:crazy: what your seeing on the far right is the battery cap which does have edges so its easier to remove, thats not square either...thats more of an octagon shape

It's an illusion if you don't pay attention. It looks square but you'll see it's not based on the perspective of the rest of the pointer. It's just a taper of the battery compartment an it's not the pointer sitting at a slight angle...

I'll look into one, Had nothing but bad luck with the garretts.

Couldn't agree more....The Garretts are awesome when they work - but overall pieces of junk. They're always glitching out and having issues. I've had 3 different pro pointers. All develop symptoms after some use. Getting sick of it. Can't wait to try the minelab probe.

willing to be a guinea pig

Still have not gotten a pinpointer and have been keeping an eye on the Garrett propointer but have not pulled the trigger since I have gotten the impression that it has reliability issues after about 2-3yrs of good service. Could the Minelab version surpass this level of durability? Would really like to a pinpointer that really sets itself from the rest of the ones in the market. Mmmmm....maybe I will become a guinea pig starting this summer on this new unit and keep everyone up to speed on any raves/rants I have over time since it will likely be fine in the beginning. The real review of a product comes after it gets some serious mileage on it. ;)

Still have not gotten a pinpointer and have been keeping an eye on the Garrett propointer but have not pulled the trigger since I have gotten the impression that it has reliability issues after about 2-3yrs of good service. Could the Minelab version surpass this level of durability? Would really like to a pinpointer that really sets itself from the rest of the ones in the market. Mmmmm....maybe I will become a guinea pig starting this summer on this new unit and keep everyone up to speed on any raves/rants I have over time since it will likely be fine in the beginning. The real review of a product comes after it gets some serious mileage on it. ;)

i'll let ya know how it is, i'm already on the waiting list:lol:
won't it be hard to give a review if you have nothing to compair it to?

im getting one maybe 2, and as for the waiting 2 months for repairs that is not true i had my stock coil back within 6 days of sending it in for repair to minelab , my garrett pp took 16 days to get back at my door then 2 hunts later i had to send it back again so i am sticking with minelab, minelab customer service has been awesome! i have had nothing but a bad experience with the garrett propointer, when it worked properly it was great but if it only works properly 25% of the time i might as well do without a pinpointer , i dont know if im just asking too much but for $149 i would like it to work!

Back
Top Bottom