The ch'ing dynasty

ETdigger

I found this coin on wednesday night and thought it was a token untill I clean it up and to my surprise it was a Emperor TE TSUNG AD 1875-1908 and his Reign title: KUANG-HSU,. Found the info on the Calgarycoin web site and e-mail the owner Robert with Pic to confirm.:)

Attachments

• chinniescoin.jpg
    chinniescoin.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 233
In California we find lots of those. Many old Chinese camps were around here. Amazing something that old, they aren't worth anything. Still cool to find.. Some date back to 1600's... I have quit a few, I'll post some pics later today. I'm going huntin right now.:D:D:D

Tim

Cool!
Those are fun to find!!
I found one last year in Wisconsin and found two this year here in my home town. Those chinesse got around thats for sure :lol: One of the ones that I found this year is a little different then the other two...I'm sure that means something. I was thinking about going to the chinesse resturant and ask the owner if he could help.:roll: Here's the two I found this year and a shot of one coming out of the ground.
Congrats & HH :D

Attachments

• IMG_0657.jpg
    IMG_0657.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_0652.jpg
    IMG_0652.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 210
In California we find lots of those. Many old Chinese camps were around here. Amazing something that old, they aren't worth anything. Still cool to find.. Some date back to 1600's... I have quit a few, I'll post some pics later today. I'm going huntin right now.:D:D:D

Tim

I think almost every Califronia city had a china town at one point in time, in my area there was on in Gilroy, and I know of one in Monterey / Pacific Grove area, but there could have been more.

I know the one in San Francisco is a thriving city within the city, I hardly ever travel that way last tiem I wnet there I didn't feel too welcome. Still looked like a cool place.

Your right ILL Digger someone will dig up a amercian land fill some 1000 years from now and say the same thing, that those chinesse sure got around alot.

The Chinese sure did get around here in the US :) They built a large portion of our Transcontinental railroad.

Clipper ship

I think finding an old Chinese coin would be the ultimate. To think it was minted on the other side of the globe and carried to California on a Clipper ship and in the possession of a Chinese worker headed for some great adventure.

I always think like this when I dig something odd. It's the biggest reason to metal detect for me. Unless I hit that Inca Hauscaur's (spelling?) gold chain or something like it.

Jennings

Back
Top Bottom