Lakeside Amusement Park Colorado?

DenverPio

Hi folks, I'm wondering if anyone has ever detected at Lakeside Amusement Park off of I70 near Denver. It's been in operation since at least the 1920s, and there were a number of rallies, picnics, and huge gatherings (thousands of attendees) there in the 1920s/30s. If it's never been searched before, I know that there's silver under that dirt.

I hear the owner is a really salty, crabby hag—has anyone has any luck getting permission to detect there or detecting nearby sites? I've called, gone in person, and written letters, but I think the wench who runs the place is hellbent on keeping detectors out.

The owner is a really salty, crabby hag—

I think the wench who runs the place is hellbent on keeping detectors out.

With that attitude can you blame her?

Salty crabby hags you ask? Wear a tuxedo and bring some flowers! What are you? Single? :laughing::laughing: Or else, just time it for when She's gone off to bingo or some damn where...Old hags got a set pattern you can figure out easily! Hell, Thursdays its 10% off for Seniors down at the Piggley Friggin Wiggley, so get in there!!

I'd be in there lickkety gosh darn split! If she showed up and gave me any sass, I just tell her to mind her own gosh darn business! Old hags appreciate a Man with some gumption and nerve, especially if you have a bouquet of flowers and are wearing a Mr Peanut tuxedo...

You got any bravery? I'll sell you some cheap! I havnt used it in 38yrs since I got married...I'm too afraid to attempt it, and too fat to run anymore!:laughing:
Mud

Last edited:
.... Or else, just time it for when She's gone off to bingo or some damn where....

Seeing as how it's an amusement park (hence, the public can be there), then this statement is not akin to advocating "trespassing" . Ie.: fence hopping , etc... Because the mere act of simply being there (walking about, riding the amusement rides, etc...) is not trespassing, illegal, etc....

So once there (since that part's not illegal) , then go look for that ring your wife lost there last weekend!

Salty crabby hags you ask? Wear a tuxedo and bring some flowers! What are you? Single? :laughing::laughing: Or else, just time it for when She's gone off to bingo or some damn where...Old hags got a set pattern you can figure out easily! Hell, Thursdays its 10% off for Seniors down at the Piggley Friggin Wiggley, so get in there!!

I'd be in there lickkety gosh darn split! If she showed up and gave me any sass, I just tell her to mind her own gosh darn business! Old hags appreciate a Man with some gumption and nerve, especially if you have a bouquet of flowers and are wearing a Mr Peanut tuxedo...

You got any bravery? I'll sell you some cheap! I havnt used it in 38yrs since I got married...I'm too afraid to attempt it, and too fat to run anymore!:laughing:
Mud

:laughing:

Mud

Has Mrs. Puppy got your Man-Card?? - We all know Your name is MUD...you told us. :laughing::laughing:

BTW Congrats on 38 Years, I earned my 36 year pin today. And Yes, she took my card too. :laughing::laughing:

Lakeside Amusement Park is truly historic and a treasure. Over the years,imagine all the coins flying out of people pockets riding the old coaster and the minature steam trains! Wow! Alas, it's private property...

It really wouldn't surprise me, if some of those rides, if not most, were designed to shake the contents of pockets out, for the workers to clean up later. You don't need a detector, to quickly realize there is a load a cash there, just waiting to be collected. Entirely likely there is already at least one metal detector in the tool shed. Parts get dropped, or fall off, same as tools when doing repairs and maintenance. It's not like fixing farm equipment, they get safety inspections regularly, State, and their insurance company. They have a serious injury or death, a cheap patch job will cost them a bundle, insurance won't pay, fines and a settlement out of pocket.

Would you let any kid in the neighborhood pop the hood of your car, and play around?

Amusement parks are fun for the public, but pretty serious on the business side. Wouldn't take much to wreck a ride, whether accidental or intentional, just not worth the risk. Sure, we are all just in this for fun, maybe a little profit, but property owners aren't getting anything but taking the risk out of it. Nothing for them to gain, but sometimes something substantial to lose.

Got a good laugh out of your description "salty old hag" I used to live near Denver, Colorado is a great state. I liked having seasons in California it's pretty much the same climate year round where I live doesn't get any snow. Or really get cold. The snow was nice but the summers in Denver are brutal I remember it being 96 and sunny and you would burn up and wish for the snow then freeze your ass off for 5 months. I had never gone skiing before I moved to Colorado and have to say it's what I miss the most was kinda fun.

Back
Top Bottom