This is important.Read this!

sgtwilks

Forum Supporter
This is an answer from another post might help you guys.

I was at a school yard after school hours and before dark like the rules state.

The sign on the fence had rules but nothing about MDing,just no dogs,golf or alcohol.

I saw a female watching me then open the chain fence next to the gate to allow a police car on the field.

The first thing out of the female cops mouth was what the f@@@ you doing Einstein?You don't stop what you doing when a cop is in the area?

She took my MD and digging tool.She said that woman at the gate told me several times to not dig there.

I told the cop.It never happened.(Because it did not)I told the cop I wanted a supervisor there.She said "you will see a supervisor at the police department"

I showed her my badge and said "let's go".I again told her no one told me anything.

She handed me back my equipment and said meet me where the woman was.She drove I walked.

By the time I got to the fence the woman said it was not me she spoke to.(I am the only one searching this field)

I do not know where this was going,maybe a possible set up,I don't know.

The female cop stayed and talked to me for a while about police stuff.She asked if I was OK and not going anywhere with this?

This is what I told her and this is exactly what I did.I wrote everything down that happened with times/date/people involved.I went to the police station and filed an incident report about the manner I was treated by the police and about the woman grounds keeper credibility and the exact rules of the site I searched.I had this form filed.I have a copy.

I went back to the school.Showed the principle the report.I also showed him the nails,shanks,drug baggies I found on his school grounds.He made a phone call.He asked me to show the vice principle where the weapons and drug baggies were found.I showed them.There was several more baggies there when I showed the VP.LOL

Long story short.I now have a visitor pass with my name on it. I pick it up Friday and return it Monday.I'm allowed to search anywhere on the site and the grounds keeper was told to back off.

Sounds like alot of work but there are alot of fields and good areas to search and to me it was a good fight.

Fast forward 3 weeks later

I also contacted the attorney general's office about this matter and just got off the phone with the Camden County Prosecutor.

The officer involved is going to accept a 3 day suspension if I drop this matter I could push for more but I'm not. I also made the police officer file charges on the head grounds keeper for "providing a false police report".

I have a copy of the letter see pic.I allowed the matter to be handled by the prosecutor and my terms are for her to be demoted.

I worked in law enforcement for many years and never tried to enforced a law I was not sure about.When this officer stated "you could see a supervisor back at the station"I was under arrest.The reason for arrest was an unlawful one.She never put cuffs on me but it was implied.She investigated the incident without reading me my rights.
Attached Images

Attachments

• CIMG3393.jpg
    CIMG3393.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 1,416
  • CIMG3394.jpg
    CIMG3394.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 1,424
  • CIMG3395.jpg
    CIMG3395.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 1,420
I think I love you. lol.

AWESOME story and I love how this blew up in both the groundskeeper's and the other cops FACE!!!

Way to go, Sgt. W.!

Thank you for standing up not just for metal detectorists, but all people who could be taken advantage of by this a-hole officer. I would have loved to have seen the look on her face when you flopped your badge out there.

I'm new to this and am really just appalled at the way this hobby is looked at. People need to respect people's rights. If someone came up to us (grounds keeper)and stated don't make a mess or don't go on the field during the season we understand that. Once you involve rights or the police you better be correct.

I have to admit when I started reading posts I was getting pissed about the anti police remarks but I can see a little more now of what you go through.

"The first thing out of the female cops mouth was what the f@@@ you doing Einstein?You don't stop what you doing when a cop is in the area?"

Just wow. I don't know what else to say.

The thing is, what would have happened if you didn't have a badge?

I'm not a cop but I know enough to understand why you are upset, beyond the simple injustice of being falsely accused. She broke protocols 7 ways to Sunday and is a bleeping menace to society.

I'm glad you are a cop, think about how many people are slapped with charges under false pretenses like this and can't defend themselves.

sounds like that female cop was minutes away from violating your civil rights

thanks sgt., some days the dragon doesn"t win. most cops are great, some really should not be cops. HH blev

why do i get the feeling a LOT of MDers out there would love to have you as a hunting partner? ;)
Very true! If I ever moved somewhere it would be where sgtwilks lives just to be able to hunt with him :thumbsup:

I'm new to this and am really just appalled at the way this hobby is looked at. People need to respect people's rights. If someone came up to us (grounds keeper)and stated don't make a mess or don't go on the field during the season we understand that. Once you involve rights or the police you better be correct.

I have to admit when I started reading posts I was getting pissed about the anti police remarks but I can see a little more now of what you go through.

I hate to say it but you know it would have turned out a whole lot different if you didn't have that badge. They knew you had experience in the law & they couldn't BS you. If it was one of us without the badge we probably would have been sitting in the station handcuffed to a chair bolted to the floor & we would be fighting to get our MD equip back.

Back
Top Bottom