how do you usually go about getting permission from a school?

I have hunted our elm. school down the street about 7-8 times, the last time I was there I noticed a sign that is old looking and has been there a long time ( I just never noticed it) that says No Tresspassing When School Not In Session) Just wondering does this mean me?
I get more clad out of this schools totlot then any other place I hunt and have even found a silver dime there once. What would you do?

I have hunted our elm. school down the street about 7-8 times, the last time I was there I noticed a sign that is old looking and has been there a long time ( I just never noticed it) that says No Tresspassing When School Not In Session) Just wondering does this mean me?
I get more clad out of this schools totlot then any other place I hunt and have even found a silver dime there once. What would you do?

Yes, that probably means you. Its best to respect the signs since anything posted is legal. Even though seeking permission usually ends with being told no , since there is a sign there you may want to ask on that one.

Ok

i didn't know that an illegal alien was a race

Ok your absolutely right. It's not a race just the underlying meaning of educatingillegal aliens pertaining to the use of a school field is pretty dumb since the two have no coralation. No idea what educating children would have to do with metal detecting a school. I think paying taxes is a just argument for using the grounds without bringing the children into the discussion.

I have hunted every public school within 20-30 miles of my house, and I have never had any problems. If anyone did try to kick me out, I think I will just say that I am one of the partial owners of the school.
Of course, I only go when noone is around, and leave no trace.

I don't ask for permission at schools. I usually go on weekends, but somtimes after school is out. I just wave to the teachers as they leave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpound
i didn't know that an illegal alien was a race

You are right, it's not. But, join efforts to stem the flow and you WILL be called a racist.

I believe the newest political correct term is "Undocumented citizens"

They are not citizen's if here illegally.I'm talking any race.

My God political correctness. America has become America to everyone but Americans.We are just here to foot the bill.

Last edited:
They are not citizen's if here illegally.I'm talking any race.

My God political correctness. America has become America to everyone but Americans.We are just here to foot the bill.

Agreed. On a favorite radio station I listen to, I was horrified to hear that they had brought on a pastor from a urban outreach church. Thats not bad in itself as I'm a Christian but it made me wary why they would ask to come on the radio. Sure enough he was spewing anti-gun, anti-bullying, anti-racism, and any other anti-anything !!!! he could. There were a few heated callers who tried to defend the rights of bearing arms but sure enough he blamed most if not ALL of the gun and gang violence in Chicago as GUN RELATED. All the while giving his I respect gun owners, I respect hunting BS. First off, pastors shouldn't be taking sides like this publicly and secondly hes really just spewing the same stuff that all those liberal media outlets do. To make a point, poliitcal correctness is !!!!. :yes:

Not to mention where our tax dollars go, I wouldn't even leave room for a superintendent to say no, in fact they don't even really have that power. Isn't death & taxes enough? :?:

Anyhow, sorry for the rant post, but I totally agree with you sgtwilks.:yes:

Point is, if you ask for permission then you are no longer under the radar and you are making yourself and your hobby too obvious. Chances are there are no rules against metal detecting a particular school but that wouldn't stop some superintendent from just saying no. I like the ole rule "It is easier to get forgiveness then it is to get permission." Just hunt until some "attitudinal" person with some sense of authority comes along and tells you to leave. Then leave and later seek the rules from the authorities of that particular school if you still want to hunt there.

Back
Top Bottom