Tesoro Mojave setting to eliminate aluminum?

Im confused as to why you would want to pass up aluminum?

While junk is no fun, its a high conductor and your eliminating finds also. After about 3 pieces of can slaw I can tell when I have a bad target. I still dig it as metal detectors are about as good as the weatherman lol.

Board mod.

I thought boards were acid etches and magnetically sealed for just that reason so you can't mod the board?

Larry is probably thumbing the disc knob past where it knocks out the can slaw and slowly bringing it back down to where it starts to come back in. If it comes back in clean with no sputtering or breaking up its usually a good target most the time.

Larry is probably thumbing the disc knob past where it knocks out the can slaw and slowly bringing it back down to where it starts to come back in. If it comes back in clean with no sputtering or breaking up its usually a good target most the time.

You nailed it! That's exactly it.

beephead

Yeah, also I can raise the disc on the Compadre to just under nickel and these tabs will have a skip in the audio. Not too great on thin gold rings.

I was thinking everyone knew that but maybe not ? Some of you have forgotten more than I'll know....

I am unsure why anyone would want to eliminate such a high conductor signal. If he is filtering out aluminum, he is also filtering out a lot of desirable targets as well. You are losing a whole lot of the response signal if your are discriminating up to Aluminum. It is a very high conductor - If memory serves, it is the 4th best conducting non-alloyed metal (after Silver, Copper, and Gold)

I am unsure why anyone would want to eliminate such a high conductor signal. If he is filtering out aluminum, he is also filtering out a lot of desirable targets as well. You are losing a whole lot of the response signal if your are discriminating up to Aluminum. It is a very high conductor - If memory serves, it is the 4th best conducting non-alloyed metal (after Silver, Copper, and Gold)

Actually He isn't set to discriminate that high. He is getting a signal then Thumbing the disc knob to where it falls out and then back in again. Aluminum bits will come back in brittle or unsmooth, non round sounding, good conductors will come back in round smooth sounding so you know the difference of what's under the coil. Then you have the Tesoro that will double beep on a good conductor in the heavy trash but so far I 've only found two machines that will do that. My silver sabre II and a Compadre. I'm betting the Mojave will as well but I am only guessing as I don't have one.

Actually He isn't set to discriminate that high. He is getting a signal then Thumbing the disc knob to where it falls out and then back in again. Aluminum bits will come back in brittle or unsmooth, non round sounding, good conductors will come back in round smooth sounding so you know the difference of what's under the coil. Then you have the Tesoro that will double beep on a good conductor in the heavy trash but so far I 've only found two machines that will do that. My silver sabre II and a Compadre. I'm betting the Mojave will as well but I am only guessing as I don't have one.

Still an iffy proposition. I have had deeper, silver dollar sized pieces of aluminum ring up as Quarters and Half-dollars. His approach is fine for smaller pieces of aluminum, but, for the larger pieces that sound really good - I can't pass them up. Even penny, nickle, dime, and quarter sized pieces that are sufficiently thick will sound really good and will be difficult to discriminate out in this fashion.

Still an iffy proposition. I have had deeper, silver dollar sized pieces of aluminum ring up as Quarters and Half-dollars. His approach is fine for smaller pieces of aluminum, but, for the larger pieces that sound really good - I can't pass them up. Even penny, nickle, dime, and quarter sized pieces that are sufficiently thick will sound really good and will be difficult to discriminate out in this fashion.

Probably why he said 80% of the time?

OP said 85%!

Is that a scientific number, or just random? :lol:

If you watched the video, Larry said 80% ,not 85%. You people have to pay attention to what Larry actually said and then your mileage may vary from second hand source. Don't take my word for it, watch the video and come up with your own conclusion. You may get that he is suggesting 75% instead of 80 or 85.....:tinfoilhat:

If you watched the video, Larry said 80% ,not 85%. You people have to pay attention to what Larry actually said and then your mileage may vary from second hand source. Don't take my word for it, watch the video and come up with your own conclusion. You may get that he is suggesting 75% instead of 80 or 85.....:tinfoilhat:

The point is..its guessing...not factual is my point! Lmao

The point is..its guessing...not factual is my point! Lmao

The fact is, there is some validation for using the method but You quoted my statement and stated that the OP said 85% when I said 80%.......... nothing to do with guessing.......Have a nice day, I love winter debates.:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom