Not impressed

were your issues with the AT Pro noticed while powering it up over wet (salty), or black sand?

In my opinion that's business as usual for AT Pro. You could probably fix the 'bonkers' by manually ground balancing it and turning down the sensitivity but it won't go away completely if salty wet sand. You will also get lousy depth and performance.

The AT Pro is just never going to act well in wet salty sand because of the nature of its single frequency detecting tech. If your issues were noticed while on dry sand or dry land I'd be more suspicious of EMI (maybe your phone) or a faulty unit.
I am mostly using the at pro at parks but they are in vlose proximity to houses. I noticed today that the last place it went bonkers has free wifi. This makes me think it could be the issue. My main concern is if the performance with the sea hunter is what is to be expected. Found more good stuff with the atpro at this point. Overall things are bot so bad for my first week metal detecting. I have found a knife, pitarate themed stainless ring, a made in mexivo 925 silver ring and about three dollars in quarters.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

I am mostly using the at pro at parks but they are in vlose proximity to houses. I noticed today that the last place it went bonkers has free wifi. This makes me think it could be the issue. My main concern is if the performance with the sea hunter is what is to be expected. Found more good stuff with the atpro at this point. Overall things are bot so bad for my first week metal detecting. I have found a knife, pitarate themed stainless ring, a made in mexivo 925 silver ring and about three dollars in quarters.

IMHO 2 rings, 12 quarters and a Knife.. that's a pretty damn good start.

Just curious, what did the pirate themed ring look like? I found one recently as well...black band with skull and crossbones on it

Just curious, what did the pirate themed ring look like? I found one recently as well...black band with skull and crossbones on it
Was a black band with multiple skull and crossbones on the face around the entire band. Does it belong to you? Would love to return it!haha

Was a black band with multiple skull and crossbones on the face around the entire band. Does it belong to you? Would love to return it! I would post a picture but my phone takes pictures too large to upload to the site.

Was a black band with multiple skull and crossbones on the face around the entire band. Does it belong to you? Would love to return it!haha

This is the one I found

Attachments

• IMG_0381.jpg
    IMG_0381.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 176
Just an update. Ive been using the pro for a few days and have noticed that the issue I am experiencing will come and go with different sites. I am going to chalk that one up to, the machine just does not like wifi or burried power lines at all.

I spoke with garrett again today. This go round was so much better. The tech who helped me was kind and courtious and also willing to answer my questions and also seemed knowlagable. I am much happier with garrett after this last conversation. The fact they are willing to exchange the machines is also a huge plus. I think maybe it was a bad week last time I called or something. Anyway, the sea hunter is working and I found my first water silver with it. I'm still somewhat unsure if it is operating optimal but I want to give it a few more goes. Our beaches seem overhunted and supprisingly clean but on low tide I'm doing ok.

Good thing you got a Garrett tho,cause they’re customer service is great.I mean,if you had gotten another machine,brand,and had problems you might not get the quality customer service Garrett has.All machines have failures,good luck on your machine.

I’ve had great customer service from Makro/Nokta. I doubt if Garrett service can be any better... 🙂

Back
Top Bottom