Coppers in the rain

remmy

Forum Supporter
Well folks, the weather here has been grim the last few days but I just had to get out. My wife said "it's raining" I replied, "it's just misty" and I headed off to the bean field. As I drove the short distance and had to turn on my wipers every few seconds I began to realize....it IS raining. Luckily I came prepared, not wanting to get my Deus drenched I had the AT Pro in my car with the storm coil in place. First swing I remember thinking "damn this is heavy"! It took me a while to get used to the sounds of the pro but soon enough I was digging targets. I apparently forgot how to pinpoint with the storm because I kept pulling targets from the sidewall of my plugs. I did manage to my surprise to pull 3 copper coins from the mud. The 1837 largie is quite nice but the other two are a bit toasty. The closeup pic I am not sure about, I can see 1800 on the front and brittania on the rear. I am thinking KG but I thought the date was on the rear?

picture.php

picture.php

So I finally decided to call it quits as it was getting dark. I realized my wife had txt me asking if I would grab dinner at the local pizza shop on my way home. I got some looks standing there all wet and muddy waiting for my food, scratching the grime off my coins. :lol:

Friday evening I went back to the same spot with the Deus to see if there were any more coins in the area that the storm coil may have missed in the iron. Sure enough the deus sniffed out 2 more coppers and an out of place merc. Don't get me wrong, i'll take the merc but it was in company with coins a century older. By the time many of you read this, if the sun is almost up, I will be back there to see if there is more, maybe some silver that old!:shock:

Thanks for looking

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Nice job remmy! Anytime there's that many large coppers in a small area like that, you have to tell yourself there's silver too. Keep pounding it! I wouldn't be surprised if a reale or two comes from there, congrats!

Great hunt. Congrats on the large coppers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOW & WOW You cleaned up ! Great bunch of old coppers. Sweet Merc as well. The AT Pro is still one solid performer. Glad to see your posting again. HH Mark

Congrats on the great finds !

Thank you!

Dedication (and maybe a bit of addiction:lol:) to the hobby paid off. Congrats on the sweet finds!

Definitely addiction! :lol: Thanks!

Nice job remmy! Anytime there's that many large coppers in a small area like that, you have to tell yourself there's silver too. Keep pounding it! I wouldn't be surprised if a reale or two comes from there, congrats!

Thanks, my thoughts exactly! When I found the merc I couldn't tell what it was and my mind went towards a much older silver disk. I was unprepared and did not have any water so I was in agony until I got home wondering.....

Great hunt. Congrats on the large coppers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Jerry!!

WOW & WOW You cleaned up ! Great bunch of old coppers. Sweet Merc as well. The AT Pro is still one solid performer. Glad to see your posting again. HH Mark

Thanks Mark, yes the pro is a worthwhile machine to have! Heavy with the storm when you are used to swingin a deus, oh my achin old shoulder! :lol:

Thanks brother!!

Back
Top Bottom