new guy in central north carolina

depthcharge559

im looking for others in the area but i dont want to join a club where i have to pay dues, i spent enough on my rig, so dues are besides the point, i figure. besides, im an ethical guy and i dont like having to ask permission from the club or the club dictator whether or no i can go out with my metal detector and find stuff. i also advertise my free find it service online. you lost it, i find it. all i ask for is gas money, but its a request, not a requirement. se to me its the hunt for stuff thats fun. finding is fun as well. i already found a part off my mower buried in deep grass where it fell off and i saved myself money replacing the missing part , so im not even yet but im working out of the minus column...:yes:

im in chatham county ...near pittsboro...this place is not mder friendly. a dputy stopped me and my wife yesterday wanting to see what i had found. he stopped my wife previously that morning and me about 2 hours later...sounds like he wanted to confiscate whatever i'd found , if id found anything worth having. said hed seen me detecting a few days earlier. i asked a neighbor about him and he lives about a mile from me. so i wonder if he'll be following me all over to catch me with a few bits of silver or whatwever...:?::?::?:

Welcome from Kansas.
Let me get this straight. This officer pulled your vechicle over while you were driving? Or did he merely stop you and ask about your finds while you were in town on foot? I am hoping its the latter of the two.

I used to go thru pittsboro quite a bit, seems there was quite a few older homesites there, early 1900s. Try and get permission for some of those. Yea you might need to check with the city on rules there. Seems like ole one bullet Barney is looking to make a name for himself. Be nice to him, he may just be curious about the hobby hisself. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom