• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Jesse & Frank James treasure marker?

Ginniper

https://imgur.com/gallery/m2oEKkN

This was posted in a forum on Reddit as a piece found by a member's father in Oklahoma, who has since passed. Now I don't know a ton about the James brother's hidden treasures, but the more I read the more intrigued I became. Now the guy who has it isn't touting this as the real deal, but rather looking for more information. His dad had posted about it years ago on treasurenet but wouldn't post pictures (out of fear, who knows) so his search dead ended pretty quick. I'd love to hear and pass on any info from anyone who might know a thing or two about the crazy maps/markers surrounding the James' gang! Thanks!

.... I'd love to hear and pass on any info from anyone who might know a thing or two about the crazy maps/markers surrounding the James' gang! Thanks!

It is popular lore, yet nonsense, that 'cryptogram marker clues' ever lead the way to treasures. Made for good hollywood in Raiders of the Lost Ark, but otherwise .... just ghost-story children's camp fire trails. And or the stuff of the back of Cap'n crunch boxes (complete with treasure maps, and the "x" at the end).

I mean .... think of it ... If you go out of your way to bury a treasure, then it's supposedly so that it's ... uh ... hidden. Right ? :shrug: And then what do you do ? Put a bunch of marker clues (turtles, cryptograms, etc...) pointing the way so that others will find it ? Of course not :roll: At best you'll make mental note of "next to such & such window" or 10 paces from such & such tree, etc....

It is popular lore, yet nonsense, that 'cryptogram marker clues' ever lead the way to treasures. Made for good hollywood in Raiders of the Lost Ark, but otherwise .... just ghost-story children's camp fire trails. And or the stuff of the back of Cap'n crunch boxes (complete with treasure maps, and the "x" at the end).

I mean .... think of it ... If you go out of your way to bury a treasure, then it's supposedly so that it's ... uh ... hidden. Right ? :shrug: And then what do you do ? Put a bunch of marker clues (turtles, cryptograms, etc...) pointing the way so that others will find it ? Of course not :roll: At best you'll make mental note of "next to such & such window" or 10 paces from such & such tree, etc....
This is EXACTLY the sorta thing that someone looking for the Treasure would say!!

I’m gonna start searching myself…just as soon as I figure out from whom I first need to seek permission.
:D

This is EXACTLY the sorta thing that someone looking for the Treasure would say!!

I’m gonna start searching myself…just as soon as I figure out from whom I first need to seek permission.
:D

Hey there F-O : If you come to my backyard in CA, there is a bunch of mysterious suspicious geometric shapes in my backyard. Eg.: the round paver stones, the rectangle wooden planks on the fence, & the spire points on the wrought iron gate work. Although they are seemingly innocuous and random , yet that's all a part of the conspiracy to make you think they're benign. But .... I'll bet they point to treasure !

And I saw some uncanny squiggle lines in my yard (the designs in our gold fish pond stonework). Hmmmm. And the neighbors heard some strange noises a year ago. And saw suspicious lights . And if I thought long & hard enough, I can probably find some historical mention of freemason activity. Plus pirate lore from the beach ~2 miles from my house. Not to mention I'm only a mile away from the site of the first Carmel mission location of the Spanish. All of which further substantiate the certainty of treasure.

Hence: For a mere $1,000, I can be persuaded to let you hunt in my yard. (I accept paypal) Deal ?? :cool3:

Hey there F-O : If you come to my backyard in CA, there is a bunch of mysterious suspicious geometric shapes in my backyard. Eg.: the round paver stones, the rectangle wooden planks on the fence, & the spire points on the wrought iron gate work. Although they are seemingly innocuous and random , yet that's all a part of the conspiracy to make you think they're benign. But .... I'll bet they point to treasure !

And I saw some uncanny squiggle lines in my yard (the designs in our gold fish pond stonework). Hmmmm. And the neighbors heard some strange noises a year ago. And saw suspicious lights . And if I thought long & hard enough, I can probably find some historical mention of freemason activity. Plus pirate lore from the beach ~2 miles from my house. Not to mention I'm only a mile away from the site of the first Carmel mission location of the Spanish. All of which further substantiate the certainty of treasure.

Hence: For a mere $1,000, I can be persuaded to let you hunt in my yard. (I accept paypal) Deal ?? :cool3:
Only $1000 for the chance of untold treasures and riches beyond my wildest dreams!!? Sounds like quite the deal, there must be a catch. I'm gonna want the permission [to hunt on your property] in writing though.

https://imgur.com/gallery/m2oEKkN

This was posted in a forum on Reddit as a piece found by a member's father in Oklahoma, who has since passed. Now I don't know a ton about the James brother's hidden treasures, but the more I read the more intrigued I became. Now the guy who has it isn't touting this as the real deal, but rather looking for more information. His dad had posted about it years ago on treasurenet but wouldn't post pictures (out of fear, who knows) so his search dead ended pretty quick. I'd love to hear and pass on any info from anyone who might know a thing or two about the crazy maps/markers surrounding the James' gang! Thanks!

I'm pretty sure that thing is soldiered shut. There just has to be something inside. I know no one wants to ruin it and it seems to be made of tin or some sheet metal of the day. The letters seem to be made from lead soldier and some of the seams are showing. The lead is hiding most of the seams. I would take a cutoff tool in a dremmel and cut the bottom off of it. They say curiosity killed the cat. Well I must be part cat. There is no way I could resist opening it.

Is the guy who started this thread for real? If so he needs to stop breaking the Prozac in half and take a full tablet.

Back
Top Bottom