Bullet Help Please

Lee1968

Elite Member
I have found a LOT of bullets in the fields and woods I hunt, but this is an odd one to me. I have never found one with the rings this much bigger than the end of the bullet. I do not have a micrometer, so I put the dime next to it for perspective. Not as curious about the caliber as the era it is from. I have no idea if it is old or not, but I am curious if anyone knows anything about this style, I would appreciate it.

20200326_150633 - Edited.jpg

20200326_150644 - Edited.jpg

20200326_150706 - Edited.jpg

It is relatively modern, and I believe the style is known as semiwadcutter. I would have to go look up the diameter of a dime to make an estimate as to the caliber, though.

-- Tom

I concur with the boys that posted ahead of me Semi-wadcutter, and probably 357/38 caliber. Usually shot as a target or practice losd out of a revolver.

Simply a more affordable load and generally loaded locally by either the shooter or a shooters friend.

It is relatively modern, and I believe the style is known as semiwadcutter. I would have to go look up the diameter of a dime to make an estimate as to the caliber, though.

-- Tom

Thanks!

Yup, wadcutter probably 38cal.

Cliff
Thanks!

I concur with the boys that posted ahead of me Semi-wadcutter, and probably 357/38 caliber. Usually shot as a target or practice losd out of a revolver.

Simply a more affordable load and generally loaded locally by either the shooter or a shooters friend.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom