Late Night Hunt Yields AMAZING 1875 IHP

Midwest Hunter

Haven't been out hunting as much as I'd like to be due to the drought like conditions we had this summer. Now that its Fall and the rain has finally been falling the ground is soft again and giving up some nice finds. I was able to get out for a short night hunt earlier this week in a small park in our neighborhood. It's not a real old park, houses surrounding it were built in the late 70's early 80's, so I wasn't expecting to find much other than some clad but boy was I glad I went. I dug this beauty at about 5" located in the grass strip between the sidewalk and parking lot. Like I said its not an old park so I was really shocked when I saw what it was. Perhaps the dirt was brought in as fill from another older location, either way it don't much matter to me. I tooth picked it when I got home and am blown away at how much fine detail there is on this coin. There are about 5 small "corrosion blobs" on the front but I still think its in excellent condition for a 140+ yr old coin being in someones pocket, change jar and then the ground for who knows how long.

Attachments

• 1875 IHP 001.jpg
    1875 IHP 001.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 393
  • 1875 IHP 002.jpg
    1875 IHP 002.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 366
  • 1875 IHP.jpg
    1875 IHP.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 357
Beautiful injun! What method did you use to clean it up and bring out the nice details?

I just used a toothpick and that's it. I didn't actually have any at home so I ran out to the grocery store at like 11:30 at night after my hunt to get some, I was so excited to get it cleaned up!

Back
Top Bottom