Bean field Gold, Bean field 1865

5 mile

Forum Supporter
Havent been on in some time, havent hunted in some time, but the fields are being harvested and the weather is mild.

Both from fields where pre-1900 houses once stood, but are gone..except for some goodies :D

Gold old pendant, 1865 I.H. Victorian pin, suspender buckle, onyx or glass button, spoon handles, and I believe part of a carpenters folding rule.

Attachments

• IMAG0850[1].jpg
    IMAG0850[1].jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 474
  • IMAG0851[1].jpg
    IMAG0851[1].jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 464
  • IMAG0853[1].jpg
    IMAG0853[1].jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 464
  • IMAG0854[1].jpg
    IMAG0854[1].jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 485
Congrats on the gold! That's always a treat.
I just wish the ground around here was as kind to old copper is your ground is. Even early wheats come out crusty, green, and barely readable. That reminds me...there's a park near me with a field that is only mowed a couple times a year. Used to be a farm. I'll have to swing by and see if it's been cut yet.

nice finds , i MD a school were it look like some one MD before me ,they hit play equipment but i found they did not hit the grass areas and I did good there

Congrats on the gold! That's always a treat.
I just wish the ground around here was as kind to old copper is your ground is. Even early wheats come out crusty, green, and barely readable. That reminds me...there's a park near me with a field that is only mowed a couple times a year. Used to be a farm. I'll have to swing by and see if it's been cut yet.

Thanks gismapper, Id be hittin that grassy area!

nice finds , i MD a school were it look like some one MD before me ,they hit play equipment but i found they did not hit the grass areas and I did good there
Thanks bobcartree, congrats on your finds as well!

Well aint that just something there 5 Mile! Good to see you are out and in it! Real nice finds there buddy!

Thanks Mud, good to get out again!

Well done on the finds.

Top left, Georgian fob seal with the intaglio missing?

See here:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=i...4dnWAhWnLMAKHaeTALoQsAQIngE&biw=2133&bih=1062

Thanks Doug, I was wondering what was held in the oval opening!

Normally I find Georgian fob seals with the intaglio missing, this is just intaglio with its metal surround.

Last edited:
Congrats on some nice finds. In the photo with the pottery, what is that thing on bottom left? I found the exact thing at a creek crossing on an old wagon road.

Back
Top Bottom