Metall Detecting is so dangerous in Germany

kini

Hi,

today i want to show you how dangerous metall detecting in germany is.

I had to call several times the bomb squad to secure my grande finds.
Last find was a MK2 "Pineapple" handgranade. The safty plug was so rusted that it lay next to the granade. The Bomb Squad had to bust it on the place i found it. The chief of the squad congratulated me that i was still alive after that find.

Here some pictures, showing wild boars after they were digging for food in a bavarian wood. All WWII stuff. :(

You can`t do this hobby with your kidds. It is much to dangerous.

Attachments

• Wildschweine - Militariasuche (1).jpg
    Wildschweine - Militariasuche (1).jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 1,052
  • Wildschweine - Militariasuche (2).jpg
    Wildschweine - Militariasuche (2).jpg
    129 KB · Views: 858
Well that does it, no more hunting the old firing range, though dog walkers have used it for 60 years. Mostly bullets all that have found there.

Wow. That grenade made that crater? That's crazy......:shock:

I'm going to venture a guess that a hand grenade didn't do that. He mentioned wild boars. I suspect they were rooting around and managed to set off an artillery shell, bomb, or large land mine. Maybe the author will provide more context regarding the pictures.

Kini, your English is good and much better than my German. Your English is better than many people who post on forums when English is their primary language.

Be careful when you hear iron grunts especially if they are large when you pinpoint them.

Kini.... how much of that hole is from the explosion and/or the pigs?

Can you explain a little more.... this is so interesting.

Thank you

Kini.... how much of that hole is from the explosion and/or the pigs?

Can you explain a little more.... this is so interesting.

Thank you

I'm interpreting it as the pigs were rooting in the ground and found an unexploded ordinance - so that entire crater is from the blast.

Back
Top Bottom