Last few hunts

choppadude

Forum Supporter
This "job" thing really gets in the way of my detecting sometimes! LOL!
Was able to get out for a few hunts in the last week or so though.
Met up with fellow forum member Bibelot and hit the "Deeeeep" Park. Have pulled many coins out of there at 10+" including a walker half at 14" I would guessstimate and a Barber half at 12"+.
I have only been using my Deus at this spot because nothing else I have can consistently hit this depth. I run full bore TX on 3 sensitivity on 95 descrim on 15 and full tones. Reactivity I keep around 1-2 as there is not a ton of adjacent targets.
This day I managed a 1905 Barber dime at a good 10" with a real good tone ID. Also dug a couple Wheaties and a Buff all at good depth.
I then decided to head over to the other side of the park where targets are not quite as deep but much more trash. I'm talking a half dozen pull tab signals every swing! Now you would think this is a perfect place to use the Deus with the reactivity jacked up but I like to use the CTX3030 here. I can ID the pulltabs with no issues and bottlecaps most time. I just slow down and listen for the high tone. I usually don't dig anything less than 4" over here and will even dig a pulltab signal if it reads deep, I have found a couple nice buttons that read near pulltab numbers.
The CTX picked out a nice 1921 Chauffer's license only a couple feet from where I parked the truck. It was surrounded by tons of pulltabs but the CTX was able to pick that high tone right in the middle of it all. Followed that up with another Buff, a wheatie and an old ring of unknown material.

Got out a few days later to a old school that is slated for demolition soon and brought the Nokta Impact along.
I have pulled many good silvers out of here including my first silver dollar, a 1902 Morgan!
We have really picked this place over for 20+ years but there was more to be found. Managed 2 Merc dimes that were loud and clear through the Impacts wireless headphones. The first one was a 1916. I always get a flutter in my chest everytime I dig a 16 merc and my hands shake as I turn it over. Aint got that D yet!
Managed to hit the other one with my digger. First time this season I have done that.
Followed up the Mercs with a few wheats.
Mostly running the Impact in DI99 with gain as high as I can and keep stable operation, descrim on 15 and 14kHz. I love how I can sit this machine down to dig and it is whisper quiet.

Next hunt was back at the deep park. Only had an hour or so and had already burned up 45 minutes with nothing to show. I then got a signal that gave a bit of a high tone in one direction but a mid tone in the other direction. I would have thought twice about digging it but it was just barely shaded on the top right of the horseshoe so I knew it was deep. No numbers at all on the target ID screen. Dug down a good 10" before the MI6 picked up a target. Removed 2" of dirt and there is a 1907 V nickel on top of the dirt pile. Not in bad shape compared to most that come out of this park. I stuck my pin pointer back ion the hole and to my surprise there is another target in there so I take out a bit more dirt and there lies a 1905 Barber quarter staring me in the face! Still cannot believe this machine can hit this deep. I stick my pin pointer in the hole and once again ANOTHER TARGET! so I dig feverishly and pull out a bent rusty nail LOL!
As usual after I dig a good target, I end up digging every piece of junk I can find for the next 10 minute cause I think it sounds like that quarter! LOL!
Did manage a couple wheats before darkness set in.
\
Took delivery of a new AT Max yesterday so will be putting that through the paces shortly.

Nice Hunts!

Excellent! Silver coins on every hunt - I've been trying to get past the 10" mark with a silver dime at the local parks, but only get iron at that depth! :laughing:

Will be trying out the new 9" Round HF coil at the local "Deep-coin park" to see if it can pick out a gold coin - I know there has to be at least one there! :roll:

Which coil are you using?

Excellent! Silver coins on every hunt - I've been trying to get past the 10" mark with a silver dime at the local parks, but only get iron at that depth! :laughing:

Will be trying out the new 9" Round HF coil at the local "Deep-coin park" to see if it can pick out a gold coin - I know there has to be at least one there! :roll:

Which coil are you using?

Sorry for the delay in responding. On the Deus I am using the 11 X 13" coil.

Amazing finds from a public park. Nice work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom