I'm ok with the slow start to 2017

bruinvikes

Elite Member
I know, just as in the past, that the good stuff is out there. I just need to get my coil over it. I live in NW Ohio and just being able to hunt in January is a rarity in itself, but I have managed to go on seven hunts so far. Around here the weather is totally unpredictable at this time of year, especially here lately. We've had negative wind chill factors and we've had a 70 degree day already in just the first 18 days of the year. All this week it is supposed to be between 40-50 degrees with some rain forecasted. In my seven hunts so far I have managed to find $2.52 in clad and just a couple of cool finds (pictured). I ended 2016 on a very high note when I started finding some amazing finds, three of them being gold. Right now I am very happy to be able to hunt because usually the ground is frozen solid at this time of year, but the bad thing is that there is a lot of mud I am dealing with.

In the picture is a couple of old Mason jar lids with the porcelain insert still intact, part of a kids cap gun , a couple of knives (found at two different locations) and an old buckle.

Thanks for looking and happy hunting to all!

Attachments

• IMG_0028.jpg
    IMG_0028.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 139
Hey your doing great , I'm looking to get out for the first time this week ! I think it's normal to have slow starts here up north . HH

Looks like you will be able to go out most of next week too. Crazy weather for January here in ohio for sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Nothing wrong with those finds.

Think of it this way,,,getting to hunt in January is a bonus in itself,,I suppose in Oh.

I know it is even here in Tn.

Nice work Bruin! Yeah, we will be getting out this weekend up here...should be a busy Forum with the Northerners back in action!:laughing:
Mud

It looks like you're doing great to me. I'm hoping to get out for my first hunt of 2017 this week. Good Luck to everyone!

Nice work Bruin! Yeah, we will be getting out this weekend up here...should be a busy Forum with the Northerners back in action!:laughing:
Mud

I'm currently stuck in Kentucky without a detector until tomorrow. My dispatcher (travel agent) sent me on a recon mission without any warning. I'll definitely be back to hunting sometime tomorrow though, unless it rains.

Back
Top Bottom