• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

My first gold! Well, almost....

Roger B

Forum Supporter
I went to a large Field today that used to host carnivals when I was a youngster about 30 years ago. I found lots of memorials, a few dimes and lots of junk. Then I got a nice signal about 6 inches deep. It pinpointed really easy and strong, well didn't my heart skip a beat when I popped out the plug and saw GOLD! Man, what a feeling and it looks so pretty sitting in the hole. It turned out to be a 10K gold filled Girl Scout ring.
I'll take it, the feeling was worth it. Boy I can't wait until I find my first really old coin, I'll probably have a stroke.
I hope the pictures post right.

Attachments

• GS Ring.JPG
    GS Ring.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 202
  • GS Ring 2.JPG
    GS Ring 2.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 190
A good find. I would be happy with it, even if it's just gold filled, though I know what you mean about the "heart skip a beat" feeling. :lol:

Angel

That's a really nice ring. I didn't even know that the Girl Scouts had rings.

Gold is gold and a ring is a ring!!!  Great find!  May the next one be 18k with a ton of diamonds  :grin:

OkieDigger said:
That's a really nice ring. I didn't even know that the Girl Scouts had rings.

me either lol great find, I think anyone would be very happy with that, I know I would be. Congrats

Nice ring! Did you find that with the Titan, or did the Ace arrive already?
I'm sure the Ace with find you loads of good old coins. Congrats and HH

ahardy17 said:
Nice ring! Did you find that with the Titan, or did the Ace arrive already?
I'm sure the Ace with find you loads of good old coins. Congrats and HH
Thanks alex, I found it with the Titan, I haven't received the Ace 250 yet. I am actually thinking of changing my order to a more advanced detector. I have asked on the forum for opinions on the Fisher CZ-3D, it looks interesting.
I enjoy this hobby and figure, why keep upgrading if I can get a decent detector now?
Anyway, if you or anyone else nows anything about the CZ-3D I would be grateful to hear it.
Thanks
Roger

Back
Top Bottom