Which Salt Water Wet Sand Detector To Buy?

Loop

I'm specifically interested in detecting in salt water wet sand for silver/gold jewelry. I do not plan on going into the water. $700 is my limit for a detector. Several individuals told me that the Tesoro Cebola can be used for the above but with reduced sensitivity/depth. Suggestions or comments appreciated.

I just bought a used Sovereign GT for 650.00. One of the best all time wet sand hunters.

Good Luck from White Plains, New York

I'm specifically interested in detecting in salt water wet sand for silver/gold jewelry. I do not plan on going into the water. $700 is my limit for a detector. Several individuals told me that the Tesoro Cebola can be used for the above but with reduced sensitivity/depth. Suggestions or comments appreciated.

The Cibola http://www.tesoro.com/product/detectors/cibola/index.html is not a good machine for wet saltwater sand. Look for a used Minelab Sov. If you decide to actually get in the water, look at a Tesoro Sand Shark. It's a PI machine so it does not discriminate out iron, it hits on everything but is deep. It is also within your budget new.

Used Sovereign GT. Best wet sand machine on the market for what you are looking for. PM me if decide on one, my hunting partner is going to sell his for a new $2,500. CTX

Only one I can recommend is a Sovereign (cause it's the only one I own). It may also depend on where you will be hunting. I think I remember some Jersey folks saying that it didn't do well on some beaches there because of mineralisation and/or black sand. I think some West coast beaches might be similar (maybe even more so considering they've got a lot more mineral out that way). Check with local hunters to see what they prefer.

The Sovereign has a strong following and it works on dirt too. The recovery time is longer than many dirt machines but you can work around that by slowing down. It is one of the deepest machines on dirt and wet sand short of a PI machine. I think a used one would do well, just be sure it never got wet!

Regarding which is the absolute best salt water detector, there is definitely a clear winner. Miles ahead of the rest.

Naw, I think he means the 250! :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

BUT, I do love my 250 and it does do good for me in the sand, shallow surf.

373781_10150897526570635_336049713_n.jpg

I think he is talking about the Trident Viper :laughing:

If they are going to hunt Florida beach, I recommend them all of the time:lol:
I saw a tourist come out of a 4 star hotel the other day with one. I had to laugh comparing the Viper to what one night cost to stay in that hotel.

IT'S STARING YOU RIGHT IN THE FACE!

If you live in Adelaide, get the Ace 250 or the Viper. When you save up enough money (from working a job), get the Infinium. Then work some more and get the CTX 3030.

If they are going to hunt Florida beach, I recommend them all of the time:lol:
I saw a tourist come out of a 4 star hotel the other day with one. I had to laugh comparing the Viper to what one night cost to stay in that hotel.

:laughing::laughing: Too funny, I saw a tourist the other day on the wet sand with one of them things and digging and digging and digging, He looked really puzzled to why he wasn't finding the target :?:

Used ML Sovereign GT....

Smooth as silk in the wet and dry sand...

If you are not going in the water , then this machine has to be in the Top 3

A lot depends on where you live. Some beaches are so full of iron, a PI isn't an option. Other beaches are overhunted, and a PI is probably your best bet. Some beaches are badly mineralized, others have very mild sand, which will help determine what machine to buy also. What state do you live in?

Back
Top Bottom